What is OzoneRAT?
OzoneRAT is actually a RAT which stands for Remote Access Tool software that allows Computer users to manage and monitor the remote Computers from the comfort of a single center node. According to the researcher's report, it is a Trojan which one of the most activation infection that attacking all version of Windows Operating System. At initial inspection, it seems as very useful which available to Ozonercp.com along with the commercial license for purchasing . According to the several malware experts, it used by cyber hackers for commercial purposes.
To install this software, first of all, it installs a fake SSL certificate and then alters the proxies on your entire browser such as Chrome, IE, Firefox etc. Then after a GET request over HTTP is sent to the site which hosted on the TOR network by using Tor2Web service. At last, it installs on your PC successfully. The server client of this software is very small in size which established an encrypted connection through Tor2Web to the central server that controlled by the third-party. The developer of this software set up the custom port connectivity for the infected PCs and install a rootkit to hide its malicious activity. It supports the persistence mode and service on System reboot. After altering your System crucial settings, the operator of this software will always lead you to the phishing web pages where it can record your all crucial data.
Features of OzoneRAT are as follows :
- This software supports the file edition System. Thus, you can move, copy or delete files according to your need.
- It transfers the data objects which larger than 100GB by using the best compression tools.
- Automatically alter the Computer settings with the administrative privileges.
- Change the values in the Computer Registry entries.
- Track your all online history, cookies, browsing behavior and crucial data.
How OzoneRAT gets intrudes into your Computer?
Manual OzoneRAT Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of OzoneRAT
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case OzoneRAT, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove OzoneRAT Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to OzoneRAT infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of OzoneRAT infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove OzoneRAT, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete OzoneRAT
How to View OzoneRAT Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the OzoneRAT related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access OzoneRAT Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by OzoneRAT, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide OzoneRAT Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with OzoneRAT.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide OzoneRAT related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of OzoneRAT related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View OzoneRAT associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by OzoneRAT, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.