Are you interacting Defender Error code: 0x80016CFA message over your web pages and PC screen regularly? Is this message comes on screen repeatedly on screen? Is your browser get locked by this error message pop-up windows? Do you get annoyed because of this problem? If yes then you should go with the following post very carefully as it contains complete information on Defender Error code: 0x80016CFA with method to sort out related problem easily.
Defender Error code: 0x80016CFA is a fake alter message deployed by the adware, browser hijacker or other malware program. The habitual internet user interact with such message if accessed any banned site, give response link or pop-up while roaming over the web. Once its associated pop-up message comes on screen, lock it and do not allow to perform any activity. The pop-up message claims that PC have Defender Error code: 0x80016CFA which need immediate technical assistance. It may be possible that related pop-up claims to call on the number like 1-888-905-1062 or other. It is recommended by the malware researchers to not call on such numbers as user fall in more critical problem and also looses hefty amount. Such numbers are premium and charges very high. Sometime the pop-up automatically takes user to associated sites for boosting traffic with the aim to gain good revenue.
Dues the presence of Defender Error code: 0x80016CFA browser may respond in a creepy manner as it exploit there resource. If user faces this problem with one browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox etc) he/she surely notice same problem with other one. The other running application also get affected by this pop-up message. Its a recommendation from malware researchers to remove Defender Error code: 0x80016CFA immediately from PC. For its easy removal you can go with the Windows Scanner which is used by millions of user over the globe. The tool is highly effective against such threat and also protect form upcoming one.
Learn To Remove Defender Error code: 0x80016CFA Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Defender Error code: 0x80016CFA Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Defender Error code: 0x80016CFA Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Defender Error code: 0x80016CFA related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Defender Error code: 0x80016CFA On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Defender Error code: 0x80016CFA from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.