A ransomware named kratosCrypt is currently active in the wild. The extension which ransomware is added to the encrypted files is .kratos and creates a file with instructions. The price of ransom demands as the payment is 0.03 Bitcoins or about $ 20, which is low compared to other ransomware. To know how to remove this ransomware and see what you can try to recover your data, you need to read this article to the end.
KratosCrypt Ransomware has been launched recently with sole intension to compel the victim to pay demanded ransom amount after file encryption on their computer. The ransomware infection targets online computer and sneak into them via Spam emails. The users on such targeted computer receive an email with attachment file and opening of attachment on Spam results in activation this ransomware. It may possible that, KratosCrypt Ransomware also infect Windows computers by any other method. Social media sites and services for file sharing might transmit malware files that can be uploaded by cyber criminals. Avoid most of the chances of getting infected with ransomware so that you have to be careful what you should click, open and download while surfing the Internet. Suspicious links and files of unknown origin can help distribution of infection, especially if they contain malicious code.
kratosCrypt ransomware recently been found in the wild by researchers. The name is listed in the highly dangerous ransomware but with a very low ransom amount. When the ransomware complete file encryption process it will refer to an email address – kratosdimetrici @ gmail.com and ask victim to contact for further instruction. The ransomware create an entry in the registry of Windows for an auto-run to execute with startup of any Windows operating system.
→ HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun [exe name]
After encryption, kratosCrypt ransomware also creates a file named as "README_ALL.html" ransom note file. The payment instructions are described. The ransom message ask users to pay BTC0.03 and purchase a special software “Kratos Decryptor”. The ransomware also instruct users “How to get “Kratos Decryptor” ? According to the instruction, victims are instructed as follows :
- Send an E-mail to this address containing the TRANSACTION ID: [email protected] 5- You will receive an E-mail containing the download link + PASSWORD.
- Create a Bitcoin Wallet (we recommend Blockchain.info)
- Buy necessary amount of Bitcoins Do not forget about the transaction commision in the Bitcoin network (0.0005 BTC). Here are our recommendations: LocalBitcoins.com – The fastest and easiest way to buy and sell Bitcoins; CoinCafe.com – The simplest and fastest way to buy, sell and use Bitcoins; BTCDirect.eu – The best for Europe; CEX.IO – VISA / MasterCard; CoinMama.com – VISA / MasterCard; HowToBuyBitcoins.info – Discover quickly how to buy and sell bitcoins in your local currency;
- Send BTC 0.03 to the following Bitocoin Address: 1FQJEfRizDMGw4bvw7k7Bfy3jg1FBxxQMC
If your computer has got infected then it is better to remove KratosCrypt Ransomware fast as you can because it can encode multiple files and spread further in your current network. The recommended thing to do is for you to completely remove the ransomware by following the step by step instructions below.
Steps to Delete KratosCrypt Ransomware
Step: 1 Restart your Windows PC in Safe Mode
Find the complete details on how to Reboot your PC in Safe Mode (if you are a novice, follow the above given instructions on how to boot up your PC in Safe mode irrespective of the Windows Version that is being used as Windows XP, 7, Win 8, 8.1 and Windows 10)
Step:2 Remove KratosCrypt Ransomware from Task Manager
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL simulataneously to open Task manager. Find KratosCrypt Ransomware Related processes or any other suspicious processes that are running on it. Now Select and delete KratosCrypt Ransomware virus from Task Manager at once.
Step:3 How to Delete KratosCrypt Ransomware Related Startup Items
Press Win + R together and Type “msconfig”.
Now press Enter Key or Select OK.
“Startup” option is to be selected on the Pop-up Window Tab
Now Search for KratosCrypt Ransomware Related applications on Startup Items
Now Uncheck all Unknown or Suspicious items from “System Configuration” related to KratosCrypt Ransomware
Now Click and Select Restart to Start your Computer in Normal Mode
Step: 4 How to Delete KratosCrypt Ransomware from Windows Registry
- Press Win + R in combination to Open Run Box, Type regedit on the search box and press enter.
- This will Open the registry entries.
- Find KratosCrypt Ransomware related entries from the list and carefully delete it. However be careful and do not delete any other entries as this could severely damage the Windows Component.
Also, after completing the above steps, it is important to search for any folders and files that has been created by KratosCrypt Ransomware and if found must be deleted.
Step 5 How to View Hidden Files and Folders Created by KratosCrypt Ransomware
- Click on the Start Menu
- Go to Control Panel, and Search for folder Options
- Click on view hidden files and folders Options, For your convenience, we have included complete process on how to unhide files on all Windows Version. This will delete all the files and folders associated with KratosCrypt Ransomware that was existing on your compromised system.
Still, if you are unable to get rid of KratosCrypt Ransomware using manual steps, you need to scan your PC to detect KratosCrypt Ransomware.
Don’t forget to submit your questions or any other queries if you have and get complete solution from our Expert’s Panel. Good Luck!