Facts About Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware
Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware has been identified as a disastrous infection for the PC that do exhibits the behaviour as same as that of found in the GhostCrypt Ransomware which was discovered in February 2016. This ransomware infection has actually been named after the infection it mimics and because it do have a version in Italian only. This harmful threat most usually propagates itself among the user’s PC via PDF file comes attached with the spam emails. The fake PDF file is actually the payload that might elicit a UAC (User Account Control) alert at the time when the potential victim double-taps on it.
Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware do includes a combination of the AES RSA ciphers for the purpose of locking the compromised data containers. This infection has been reported capable of locking data on all the local, eject-able and shared drives. It is compatible with a wide range of file formats i.e., do have capacity of almost every type of files. Some of the file formats that can get easily locked by the aforementioned ransomware infection are :
.3dm, .3ds, .3fr, .mcmeta, .vfs0, .mpqge, .kdb, .db0, .dba, .rofl, .hkx, .bar, .upk, .das, .iwi, .litemod, .asset, .forge, .ltx, .bsa, .apk, .re4, .sav, .lbf, .slm, .bik, .epk, .rgss3a, .pak, .big, wallet, .wotreplay, .xxx, .desc, .py, .m3u, .flv, .js, .css, .rb, .png, .jpeg, .txt, .p7c, .p7b, .p12, .pfx, .pem, .crt, .cer, .der, .x3f, .srw, .pef, .ptx, .r3d, .rw2, .rwl, .raw, .raf, .orf, .nrw, .mrwref, .mef, .erf, .kdc, .dcr, .cr2, .crw, .bay, .sr2, .srf, .arw, .3fr, .dng, .3g2, .3gp, .3pr, .7z, .ab4, .accdb, .sql, .mp4, .7z, .rar, .m4a, .wma, .avi, .wmv, .csv, .d3dbsp, .zip, .sie, .sum, .ibank, .t13, .t12, .qdf, .gdb, .tax, .pkpass, .bc6, .bc7, .bkp, .qic, .bkf, .sidn, .sidd, .mddata, .itl, .itdb, .icxs, .hvpl, .hplg, .hkdb, .mdbackup, .syncdb, .gho, .cas, .svg, .map, .wmo, .itm, .sb, .fos, .mov, .vdf, .ztmp, .sis, .sid, .ncf, .menu, .layout, .dmp, .blob, .esm, .vcf, .vtf, .dazip, .fpk, .mlx, .kf, .iwd, .vpk, .tor, .psk, .rim, .w3x, .fsh, .ntl, .arch00, .lvl, .snx, .cfr, .ff, .vpp_pc, .lrf, .m2, .jpe, .jpg, .cdr, .indd, .ai, .eps, .pdf, .pdd, .psd, .dbf, .mdf, .wb2, .rtf, .wpd, .dxg, .xf, .dwg, .pst, .accdb, .mdb, .pptm, .pptx, .ppt, .xlk, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xlsx, .xls, .wps, .docm, .docx, .doc, .odb, .odc, .odm, .odp, .ods, .odt, .accde, .accdr, .accdt, .ach, .acr, .act, .adb.
It after the successful completion of the encryption process, append ‘.locked’ extension to the locked files and makes them totally inaccessible to the users. Furthermore generates a ransom note of three paragraphs explaining what Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware exactly is and how one can obtain the generates private key to restore the locked files. Now since, as previously discussed this ransomware is only available in Italian version, thus it also delivers the ransom note in the same language i.e., Italian.
The note containing message
How Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware Invade Inside PC ?
- Downloading freeware and shareware programs randomly from Internet without paying close attention to the installation process.
- Tapping several bogus emails, sponsored images and links appearing on the screen at the time of browsing.
- Unauthenticated file sharing Playing online games and surfing hijacked websites.
How Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware Harms The PC ?
Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware modifies the default system settings and run itself every time whenever the users starts the system. This infection sniffs the user’s sensitive information and then reveal it to the online marketing agent for marketing purpose. It corrupts the existing applications including even the antivirus one and injects numerous more vicious infections in the PC. This threat slows down the PC’s speed badly. Hence, to prevent such sort of file encryption from being took place in the PC it is essential to remove Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware quickly from the PC.
A: How To Remove Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Cryptolocker Italy Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.