What exactly is .no_more_ransom Virus?
Apparently, .no_more_ransom Virus itself is a variant of Shade ransomware, do not judge by its name as a ransomware decryptor. On the affected PC, you may see a huge number of files having .no_more_ransom Virus. This ransomware variant continues employing RSA-2048 and AES-CBC 256 combined algorithm to encipher victims data and generate encrypted public and private keys. Once encryption is over, the ransomware uploads private (decryption) key on the command and control server while leaves public key on the victim's PC as an UID. When you make up your mind to pay off ransom, you will be asked to send Unique ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. During research some interesting facts came into lights, first of all it is developed by Russian cyber criminals, second of all, it keep changing its signature extension time by time, it may also conceals its tracks by adding various extension like .xtbl, .ytbl, .7h9r, .da_vinci_code, and the recently added .no_more_ransom extension as well.
Therefore, you should not get confused among all these extensions, because they are the signatures of Shade Ransomware. Unfortunately, it's a very brand new creation of Russian developers, though, research from various security firms are still working to release a free decryption tool. Either you can wait till the free decryption tool is released or you can follow the provided alternative guideline in order to restore your files on the affected system right now. This alternative guide is safe and verified but still if you don't have any technical knowledge about PC, we recommend you to follow the Automatic method for file restoring and virus removal instead using manual guideline.
Distribution Peculiarities of '.no_more_ransom' Virus
This version of Shade ransomware has successfully infected thousands of PC via malvertising campaigns like sending spam emails containing exploit kit and macros, drive by downloads, link sharing on social media site etc. Hence, once you open these spam emails and download attached file, you are just inviting .no_more_ransom Virus to invade your system. Because once the attachment of exploit kits get executed even by mistake then your system will be dammed. Exploit kits are used by hacker to install ransomware threat on victims PC silently in background.
Highlights of .no_more_ransom Virus infection
You may see corrupted files having '.no_more_ransom' and ransom note as README.txt inside each encrypted folders on your system.
Ransom note may suggest you to contact the anonymous attacker via an email address – email@example.com.
Above mentioned both points confirm that your PC is infected with .no_more_ransom Virus (also known as Shade ransomware). So that before proceeding to restoring files, it is highly recommended to remove .no_more_ransom Virus first. Follow the removal guide, given below:
How To Remove .no_more_ransom Virus Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all .no_more_ransom Virus related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out .no_more_ransom Virus related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the .no_more_ransom Virus infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.