Ads by Alex – Detailed Information
Another annoying adware program known as Alex has been found on Microsoft Edge, Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari and even on other most secured web browsers. It displays a bunches of advertising pop ups and sponsored links by using names like “Ads by Alex”, “Powered by Alex”, “Brought to you by Alex” on your default browser and earn easy money through pay-per-click technique. This ads bolster project is a potentially unwanted program (PUP), designed to benefit its developers and irritates victims by injecting a numbers of commercial ads on each web pages. Ads by Alex fall on your PC from Phishing domain, porn websites, Spam emails, Freeware bundled package, fabricated updates links etc. Researchers say that Ads by Alex might appear on web pages when a malicious add-on/plug-in/toolbar triggers your browser and redirects it to suspicious URLs.
Displaying ads cover up your whole PC screen and if you try to close them, a new pop window gets appeared in background on your Internet browser. Similarly, a hundred of pop up windows get opened without your knowledge, because Ads by Alex inject a DLL file into browser's source code to disable protection settings. Though, you don't get any notification from your default browser even it gets redirected to trojanised URL and Phishing websites.
Highlight of Ads by Alex
Ads by Alex injects a number commercial ads on the web pages that you open on your web browser which make you so pissed off and irritated.
replaces your default search provider with malicious one and redirects your search queries to low reputation websites.
Keeps eye on your browsing activities and purloin your credentials like various type of accounts ID/Password, transaction details, social security number, emails, phone numbers, credit card numbers, browsing history, bookmarks etc.
Adds more spyware add-ons, plug-ins or toolbars on your Internet browsers without your consent.
Communicate with Cyber crooks remotely through Command and Control server, uploads collected credentials and download scheduled updates/commands secretly.
Ads by Alex – How does it spread?
According to PC threat researchers, Ads by Alex is being distributed mostly bundled with free software or games installer packages. But it has also been noticed that there are a hundred of website that serve Ads by Alex adware via drive by downloads. Even, porn websites redirect your browser to advertising platforms and recommend you to download adware program in order to enhance your browsing experiences. Some unofficial software online store, shows fabricated alerts to you and convince you to install fake software or system updates like “Flash Player Update”, “System critical update”, “Java Update” etc. Though, if you install any of them your PC gets infected with Alex adware immediately.
Therefore, to protect your PC against adware infection, we highly recommend you to install multi-layered Antivirus software on your Windows OS. However, as of now it is advisable to follow the instruction given below to remove Ads by Alex from your PC.
Step:1 Remove Ads by Alex or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Ads by Alex or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Ads by Alex or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Ads by Alex
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Ads by Alex from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Ads by Alex
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Ads by Alex will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Ads by Alex
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Ads by Alex in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Ads by Alex
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Ads by Alex while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Ads by Alex Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Ads by Alex
How to Block Ads by Alex Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Ads by Alex exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Ads by Alex Removal