Parisher Ransomware – Initial Analysis
A huge number of PC users have complained about new variant of Mobef Ransomware, has been named – Parisher Ransomware. It was unleashed in the middle of 2016, and compromised almost 20,000 PCs globally. Affected PC users find ransom note as TEXT files entitled as '1NFORMATIONFOR.YOU' and 'HELLO.0MG' inside each folder having encrypted files. During deep research, found evidence reveals that this ransomware is programmed to store the public encryption key on local directory of compromised PC. It creates files like 'ENCRYPTION.KEY123' and 'LOKMANN.KEY993' which contain 512 bytes long encrypted key. Despites, Parisher Ransomware leaves a list with the encrypted files on the PC that can be found in the Windows directory represented as [6-digit number].log.
Ransom note forces you to pay 5 BTC ( around $3,144) in case you want to get back your corrupted files by Parisher. Remember, there will no guarantee that purchased private key will work to recover your files. Though, they are anonymous, you can't file lawsuit against them. Moreover, hacker may suggest you to use TOR browser in order to make payment to them. Since, TOR browser is a product of untrustworthy organization called TOR Community. None knows from where its server is being operated and who is operating it. Since, there is a high risk that you might loss your credentials and financial informations. Which can be used against your will anytime by Hackers. Beware! They might cheat your money or public your credentials.
Reasons to Remove Parisher Ransomware ASAP
First, you shouldn't even consider paying ransom fee to anonymous Hackers instead you should follow the instruction to remove Parisher Ransomware from from your PC immediately. Because as many days as it exist on your system, it will keep locking your files constantly and $ 3,144 US dollars is not a small amount which you would like to pay them over and over. Moreover, this ransomware pose direct threat to your privacy by sharing your credentials among Hackers through connecting a remote server known as C&C server.
How to not get infected by Parisher Ransomware?
Apparently, you must know that the campaign to spread Parisher Ransomware includes Spam email, online software stores, infectious plug-ins for WordPress and Remote Desktop-Connection Protocol (RDP). Hence, if you see Spam emails arrived from known or unknown sources, you better verify it first either face-to-face or via phone call before opening and executing attachment file. You must not install operating system updates or software updates from untrustworthy sources while visiting websites. Do not allow anonymous personal to access your PC remotely at any cost because they might install Parisher Ransomware on your system. However, it is highly recommended to keep a reliable Antivirus installed and up-to-date on your PC.
As of now, in order to start recovering your data, you first delete Parisher Ransomware from your system instantly.
How To Remove Parisher Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Parisher Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Parisher Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Parisher Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Parisher Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Parisher Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Parisher Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Parisher Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Parisher Ransomware related programs.
Remove Parisher Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Parisher Ransomware related entries.
Remove Parisher Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Parisher Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Parisher Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.