"Any information regarding this ransomware virus Locker v4.22? It has locked all my important files !! In fact, I need to get them back. But I tried to remove Locker v4.22 with anti virus on my computer but it didn't work to remove Locker v4.22 from my Computer. How can I decrypt files on my computer apart from paying the ransom amount?"
What is the Locker v4.22?
Locker v4.22 is defined as a malicious virus that is created by hackers ransom. Locker v4.22 able to encrypt all of your important files. After the attack Locker v4.22, the target computer is locked. Virus Locker v4.22 enters the system silently. All the files can not be opened after Locker v4.22 adds malicious codes on them. And users are always asked to pay for decryption. However, hackers will not decrypt the files. They just get the money. According to PC experts, this Locker v4.22 can release many ways. Counterfeit software updates, online free apps, games, music downloads, as well as the occasional pop-up window. Locker v4.22 has great destruction to completely mess up system settings. Sometimes users can not get the system running due to a malfunction of the virus v4.22 Locker. On the hand, Locker v4.22 encrypts your files to get the money. On the other hand, Locker v4.22 generates a bunch of high-risk vulnerabilities for the promotion of other malicious programs in the background. Day after day, with Locker v4.22 on the system, all of your important files will be corrupted. Victims will face loss of money and can not even get a their files back.
It is also appeared that there is a collusion between Locker v4.22 and many other nasty malware and viruses. The ransomware endangers almost all Windows operating system, including Windows 10, Windows 8/7, Windows XP, Windows Vista. Locker v4.22 ransomware can activate itself automatically. As long as the system is running, all malicious programs will use every chance to attack computers. In this post you will know how to deal file encryption and remove Locker v4.22 ransomware from any infected computer.
Remove Locker v4.22 From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Locker v4.22 in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Locker v4.22 using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Locker v4.22
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Locker v4.22 related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Locker v4.22 Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Locker v4.22 related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Locker v4.22 virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Locker v4.22 infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.