What happened to your personal files on computer? Maktub Ransomware encrypted files with .IAALIXR extension? Now what, are searching for Maktub Locker Ransomware removal instructions? If so, welcome to this web page which can help you to remove Maktub Ransomware from your computer with few easy steps. You will also become able to restore encrypted files on your computer if you employ steps of recovery.
Maktub Locker Ransomware is yet another malicious program generated by unethical software authors. The malware codes have been generated for only intensional purpose to make user's personal file inaccessible and force them to pay a certain amount against restoring their files again. The malicious program is said as Ransomware and the authors are cyber criminals and the users on infected computer are victims of this malicious program. The object of this ransomware are online computers and tactics to invade are also very stealth. For distribution of this ransomware, authors uses email spoofing. The users on targeted computer receives a Spam email with an attachment file with .SCR attachment. The users on targeted computer may find similar attachment file as TOS-update-2016-Marth-18.scr which seems like document for Updated Terms of Services. When the user opens the executable script file then Maktub Locker Ransomware get installation in the back ground and the users can only view a word file in compatibility Mode.
With launch and activation, Maktub Ransomware quickly run a scan on your computer hard drive to search files. It encrypts all those specific files which file extension matches with its file encryption database list. The ransomware does not use any static file extension for file encryption and randomly assign extension for each individual compromised computer. The ransomware program then releases a ransom note _DECRYPT_INFO_[random].html, which looks alike following Screenshot.
Maktub ransom notification is about file encryption on users computer and details of TOR sites to pay the ransom amount for decryption of files. The provided link for TOR decryption website contains 5 web pages.
- First page notify users about what happened with victims files.
- Second page offers victims to decrypt any two files no longer then 200KB
- Third page belong to different payment stages with respect to time.
- On the fourth page the victims collect an unique Bitcoin address to send ransom amount.
- Fifth page contains details to purchase Bitcoins.
It is not an ideal to relay on cyber criminals and encourage them by paying the ransom. It is also not guaranteed that these vicious persons will provide decryption key once after receiving ransom amount. Victims are advised to remove Maktub Locker ransomware infection by following instructions on this page. To recover encrypted files, backup on external drive or cloud can be used. If there is no any backup then the user can use data recovery program as mentioned.
How To Remove Maktub Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Maktub Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Maktub Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Maktub Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Maktub Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Maktub Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Maktub Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Maktub Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Maktub Ransomware related programs.
Remove Maktub Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Maktub Ransomware related entries.
Remove Maktub Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Maktub Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Maktub Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.