Get Complete Information on Cobra Ransomware
According to the cyber security experts, Cobra Ransomware is yet another file-encrypting virus which is especially designed to encrypt the system files and demands ransom money from the affected computer users. At the time of writing this article, the malware is still under development phase. After encoding the files saved on compromised machine, it add a specific file extension reported as 'id-[id].[email].cobra' onto every enciphered files. It has the ability to invade the targeted computer silently and encrypts the files for asking the victimized system users a hefty sum of ransom money. Besides, the Cobra Ransomware run on the targeted machine as an executable file in order to remain undetected when the encryption procedure is completed.
Later on, it performs some changes into the Windows registry entries in order to create problem for the compromised PC users at the time of removing malware from the system. Due to its malicious activities, the overall performance of an infected machine will be highly deteriorates. It also has the ability to delete some of the crucial files into the contaminated computer. Once Cobra Ransomware successfully encrypts the system files, it displays two ransom notification reported as 'info.hta' and 'Files encrypted!!.txt' into the PC screen and asks victimized users to pay ransom money in order to get the decryption key which is needed for file decryption. However, the security researchers at RMV strongly suggests the affected machine users to refrain paying asked ransom money instead delete the malware with the help of reputable anti-malware scanner.
Ways To Get Infected with Cobra Ransomware
This new variant of Crysis or Dharma ransomware tends to infiltrate the targeted system with the help of weak RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) and known for launching RDP attacks. However, since Cobra Ransomware may also come into the targeted machine in '.rar' file which suggests that the spam emails are an additional method for distributing ransomware viruses. It is also very important for you to understand the file-encrypting threats may dwell in a rogue applications as well. Besides, you should also keep your all installed programs up-to-date. Therefore, you need to browse the web carefully and protect your machine with a reputable anti-malware scanner like then one recommended by the security experts below in this post to avoid ransomware attacks and remove Cobra Ransomware effectively from your PC.
Remove Cobra Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Cobra Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Cobra Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Cobra Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Cobra Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Cobra Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Cobra Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Cobra Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Cobra Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.