Napoleon Ransomware Keeps Ransom Money in Secret
Napoleon Ransomware is a recently discovered file-encrypting threat that appends .[email].napolean file extension to each and every encoded files. For instance, trip_img.jpeg will be altered with trip_img.jpeg.[[email protected]].napoleon. Just like other ransomware viruses belonging to the same category, it also delivers a ransom notification named 'How_Decrypt_Files.hta'. In the displayed ransom-demanding note, hackers behind this ransomware informs the victimized computer users that their data has been encoded and they need to pay the ransom fee to get the 'NAPOLEON DECRYPTER' needed for file restoration. Users are asked to send an email to [email protected]' and pay the ransom fee.
Cyber extortionists behind Napoleon Ransomware do not reveal how much money they want for the file decryption. However, they also claim that the faster they write an email, the sooner they get the decryption tool. Hackers also allow sending up to 3 encrypted files that are less than 2 MB and get them decrypted for free. Although, this guarantee should not convince the affected users to trust developers of the Napoleon Ransomware virus. The threat might be a trick to swindle your money and leave you without a right decryption utility. Malware researchers know numerous cases when threat actors took the ransom money and did not provide a promised decrypter.
Tips To Avoid To Avoid Napoleon Ransomware Infection
There are various ways how such ransomware viruses spread. Most of the time the Napoleon Ransomware attack is launched when PC users click, download or install a harmful content. Unluckily, these entries are obfuscated and might look legit. Thus, to avoid such vicious attack, you have to pay close attention to basic cyber security tips:
- Never open spam email attachments.
- Do not use file-sharing websites and torrents.
- Keep installed software and OS updated.
- Install credible and trustworthy anti-malware tool.
- Do not try to click on suspicious or intrusive ads.
- Download any updates from the official site only.
Dealing with Napoleon Ransomware
Therefore, after the Napoleon Ransomware attack, you should focus on its immediate removal and think about file recovery later. Napoleon virus removal is necessary because it makes critical changes and might inject malicious codes into legit computer processes. Therefore, after this malware attack, you can no longer use your system appropriately and safely. It can also expected to disable PC's security and increase the risk of invading other malicious parasites. You should avoid paying ransom fee asked by Napoleon Ransomware and perform its quick removal by following the instructions provided below in this article.
How To Remove Napoleon Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all Napoleon Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out Napoleon Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the Napoleon Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.