Malware researchers has recently discovered a new variant of Cerber ransomware. It has been now upgraded to version 2 and now it is called as Cerber2 Ransomware. This new variant of ransomware infection contains various internal changes in it apart from the changes that are visible to the victims.
If your system also got contaminated with this noxious infection then you must need to get rid of Cerber2 Ransomware first. Otherwise its presence into your PC can cause a lot of hazardous issues and you may suffer from serious situations. You can follow the given below article in case you face any difficulties in doing this.
Learn About Cerber2 Ransomware and Its Malicious Traits :
As mentioned earlier, Cerber2 Ransomware has been considered as one of the extremely dangerous ransomware infection. Like others, this also comes from the file encrypting family of ransomware which extort money from infected victims. This can silently encroach inside its target system and encrypts their almost all important files and documents without their consent. This includes images, audios, videos, PDFs, Ms office documents etc. You may also notice .Cerber2 file extension to the infected or encrypted files which is previously .Cerber in its previous version.
How Cerber2 Ransomware Infiltrate Into Its Target PC ?
Well usually this threat infiltrate into its target PC using a children game icon called as Anka. Apart from this there can be also a number of ways through which Cerber2 Ransomware can enter to its target system such as,
Exploit Kits : By use of exploit kits or drive by downloads these kinds of threats quite effectively get success in infiltrating into its target PC.
Payloads of Trojan : Also this can spread into your computer along with payloads of Trojan, or attachments of malicious mails.
This is the reason why experts recommends users to take preventive measures to avoid these kinds of attacks from different harmful online sources.
Moreover, after the encrypting process Cerber2 Ransomware drops a ransom note in the plain tech and html format. This also changes the victims desktop background which appears to be pixelates screen. This claims to the victims that it has encrypted your all important files including images, documents, audios, videos, databases etc. Further this provide directions to the victims to follow its temporary addresses from where it will guide you to decrypt your data. Actually this aims to swindle away huge amount of your hard earned money by claiming that it will provide you the decryption key. You should not fall for this and immediately remove Cerber2 Ransomware from your infected PC and then you can go for recovery of your lost data.
How To Remove Cerber2 Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Cerber2 Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Cerber2 Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Cerber2 Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Cerber2 Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Cerber2 Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Cerber2 Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Cerber2 Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Cerber2 Ransomware related programs.
Remove Cerber2 Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Cerber2 Ransomware related entries.
Remove Cerber2 Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Cerber2 Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Cerber2 Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.