.onion file extension virus Overview :
Being a new variant of the Dharma ransomware, .onion file extension virus has been identified as a treacherous infection for the Windows PC designed by potent cyber crooks with the primary intention of swindling more and more illicit revenue from unethical PC users. It alike it's several predecessors, obtains silent perforation inside the PC without being notified by the users. It upon gaining successful installation, contributes tons of dangerous issues onto it.
Technical Details About .onion file extension virus
|Name||.onion file extension virus|
|File Extensions||.onion file extension|
|Compromised OS||Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10|
|Propagation||Through vicious JS files, vicious email attachments, malicious ads, spam email campaigns etc.|
|Affects||Changes system's default settings, violates user's privacy.|
.onion file extension virus begins the implementation of unethical practices via first of all taking complete control over it and then executing it's deep scanning in search of the files harmonious to it's disruption. The infection further upon the completion of the scanning procedure, poses encryption operation onto the victimized files via a strong encryption algorithm and appends .onion file extension at their end. Moreover, after the completion of the entire encryption procedure it entices the victims into making payment of certain amount of ransom money. However, analysts strongly recommends not to make any sort of payment as the researches have clearly proven that the crooks do have tendency of taking the money and then leaving the victims without promised decryptor because they might not have that or they do have evil intentions. Thus, in a case if got compromised, then in that situation it is kindly suggested to not to take decision of making any sort of payment. Instead just focus on the permanent removal of .onion file extension virus from the PC as it is the only means via which one can access his/her encrypted files back.
How PC Get Compromised By .onion file extension virus ?
.onion file extension virus alike it's predecessors mostly distributes itself among the user's PC via vicious email attachments. It's author in order to propagate the crafted threat successfully pretends of being representatives from several institutions, companies or organizations and find number of reasons for enticing people into opening the attachments. In the case of this particular ransomware infections, it has been literally referred difficult to recognize a hoax at the first glance since the crooks completely falsify the credentials or signature. Thus, to prevent such sort of mails from being opened, it is advised to check details in the statement or several other provided document and send it instantly in a case if something suspected got. Moreover, it is also advised to check the sender's email address.
How To Remove .onion file extension virus From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End .onion file extension virus Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the .onion file extension virus related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall .onion file extension virus From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all .onion file extension virus related items from list.
Uninstall .onion file extension virus From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete .onion file extension virus related items from the programs list.
Delete .onion file extension virus From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all .onion file extension virus related programs.
Remove .onion file extension virus Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all .onion file extension virus related entries.
Remove .onion file extension virus Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the .onion file extension virus virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free .onion file extension virus Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.