OzozaLocker Ransomware – Initial Analysis Report
Apparently, OzozaLocker is extremely threatening cryptomalware that infiltrates the system silently and enciphers data containers using AES-256 encryption standard on the affected system. During file encryption process, the ransomware suffixes the ".locked" extension to the name of each encoded file, like 'family.png' will be renamed as 'family.png.locked'. Moreover, a text file named 'HOW TO DECRYPT YOU FILES.txt' must be created and dropped on the desktop and also inside each encrypted files. The ransomware note guides victim to contact the anonymous attacker in order to pay ransom and get decryption key. Ransom note informs that files are locked, so that you must pay 1 BTC (around 742 USD) as ransom by contacting OzozaLocker's authors via the email address – [email protected] provided in the note. Unlike it, other similar cryptomalwares provide details such as ciphers type, payment guide, decryption instructions and necessary software download links. Once the ransom payment is delivered, only then you supposedly receive decryption key.
Be aware, cause there is no guarantee that you will definitely get decryption key, most of time malicious authors often ignore victims, despite payment successfully made. Therefore, security experts recommend victims to ignore all requests ransom pay off or getting in touch with the ransomware authors. Though, however if you contact them, there is a high chance that you will be looted and victimized constantly. By paying ransom, you will be indirectly supporting criminals' organization financially to make them more strong and grow fast.
Is File Decryption Possible or Not?
Gladly we would like to inform you that a security research from Emsisoft Firm named Fabian Wosar has published a tool that is capable of decoding files compromised by OzozaLocker Ransomware. Thus, it is not necessary to make ransom pay off. However, in case if the free decryption tool is not working then you can find another alternative method in this article to decode your locked files without any trouble.
Invasion Methods of OzozaLocker Ransomware
Primarily, Macro in text documents sent via Spam email or Instant messaging application are used to install the OzozaLocker Ransomware components on the PC having Windows OS. Despites, it may assail on the system also via following sources:
Malicious attachment or links,
Unsecured Wi-Fi Networks etc.
Therefore, in order to protect your PC and files, it is must to have a reliable anti-malware installed on your system. As of now, all victims being suggested to delete OzozaLocker Ransomware from their System before staring file recovery process.
How To Remove OzozaLocker Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End OzozaLocker Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the OzozaLocker Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall OzozaLocker Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all OzozaLocker Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall OzozaLocker Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete OzozaLocker Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete OzozaLocker Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all OzozaLocker Ransomware related programs.
Remove OzozaLocker Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all OzozaLocker Ransomware related entries.
Remove OzozaLocker Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
A Tutorial Video Guide To Get Rid of OzozaLocker Ransomware
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the OzozaLocker Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free OzozaLocker Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.