Do you face problem with your Windows PC because of Pony Botnet? Is this one takes complete control of your PC. Are you unable to perform single task properly. Are these issues has annoyed you and now searching about its details and removal method. If yes then you are at right place please here and read the following post carefully.
Pony Botnet, a highly noxious botnet which get uncovered recently by malware researchers. This botnet is very much similar with the other active botnet in recent. Controller of this noxious botnet includes a control pane and other advanced feature that permit the criminals to control it to collect data, keep record and statics. With this they uses to control the botnet effectively from single location. Malware researchers have found sharp rise in its attack in few month. This one is design in such as way that it easily integrate with any windows OS based system easily. Currently its 1.9 version targeting the PC over the globe and in the process of stealing millions of password and sensitive data per day. It has also targeted the browser like Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome and Internet Explorer in a sequential manner. Pony Botnet is also known to steal information from FTP clients and e-mail client, outlook becomes the most affected e-mail client.
In short spammers have developed Pony Botnet threat to steal sensitive information such as website login credential, passwords of social networking sites, email and other. By the help of all these informations spammers send massive spam emails to the targeted user. The functioning of all running application get disrupt as there resources being exploited by the threat. If you don't need all these problem in your PC then you are suggested to delete Pony Botnet right away. If you are versed in PC handling then continue with following Manual Steps otherwise go with highly effective utility known as Windows Scanner.
Manual Pony Botnet Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of Pony Botnet
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case Pony Botnet, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove Pony Botnet Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to Pony Botnet infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of Pony Botnet infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove Pony Botnet, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete Pony Botnet
How to View Pony Botnet Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the Pony Botnet related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access Pony Botnet Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by Pony Botnet, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide Pony Botnet Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with Pony Botnet.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide Pony Botnet related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of Pony Botnet related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View Pony Botnet associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by Pony Botnet, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.