Hello friends. Recently my antivirus software has recognized Trojan.Wonknod as a highly dangerous Trojan horse infection. Last day I have done full scan of my system since I want to find out what is the cause of the weird behaviors of my computer system. The antivirus software detected few threats and I had quarantined it successfully. But after the system restart this Trojan again came up in the scan results. What should I do ? Nothing seems to be working for its successful removal from my Windows 7 system. Please help!
In order to resolve these issues, users are required to remove Trojan.Wonknod as early as possible from infected system. If you are facing difficulties in doing so then you can also scroll down the given below post to get stepwise instructions for its effective removal guide.
Comprehensive Information to Trojan.Wonknod and Its Consequences :
Trojan.Wonknod has been reported as hazardous trojan that once get on your system, will start performing actions which are not good for the system. Its malicious action include changes in system files. It could also disable your system files and implant malicious codes or files within registry editor, windows folders, start up items with the goal to mess up the infected totally and modifies pc files that can cause unknown system error. On the desktop .exe shortcuts is displayed. And most likely, Trojan.Wonknod could exploit more system loopholes or opens backdoor in order to bring other malware or spyware that will worsen system performance. Once your computer become vulnerable, more and more virus will sneak into the infected machine. The most worst situation occurs when it corrupt your system that result a big threat to personal privacy saved on the hard disk.
With Trojan.Wonknod help, cyber scammers remotely get access to computer for stealing what user want or think to be profitable. That is why user will suffer from privacy reveal and financial loss. You must know that it is created as well as spread through internet by remote hackers. Therefore, when you browse or when you surf online must be cautious to what you perform and on what types of link you are clicking on. Always click on the links before knowing its reliability. Clicking on anythings popping up on malicious sites, this trojan will quickly drop on computer without permission. With free software installation package this virus is bundled. While you are downloading the software you need to pay attention and choose custom installation method. At the same time, never open spam email attachments because it also carries malware installation code. Thus, if you find it on your computer please uninstall Trojan.Wonknod using effective anti spyware tool like Windows Scanner.
How to Remove Trojan.Wonknod from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan.Wonknod from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan.Wonknod using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan.Wonknod
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan.Wonknod.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan.Wonknod from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan.Wonknod and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan.Wonknod and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan.Wonknod and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan.Wonknod and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan.Wonknod Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan.Wonknod to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan.Wonknod named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan.Wonknod entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan.Wonknod, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.