Brief description about Trojan: Win32/Necurs:
The Trojan: Win32/Necurs is a malicious program identified by Microsoft Security Software. This program is mainly programmed to onrush the core part of system in order to execute it's tasks. Trojan:Win32/Necurs is discovered on December 7, 2012 and updated on January 25, 2013. It has ability to affect every version of Windows operating system including Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows Vista, It is programmed to execute a series of commands once it get installed in the system. It will collect information about system settings, network configuration, Windows version and so on. Gathered information will be transfer to remote attacker for analysis.
Way by which Trojan: Win32/Necurs will sneaks into PC:
All the threats need way to spread-up and spam mail attachment has become the most preferable way for spreading. These spam mail attachment contains malicious code and the body of the messages will consist engaging phrases that will try to convince mail user to open the attachment file. When you open to view these attached file, silently Trojan: Win32/Necurs will sneaks into your PC. Insecure links on the social media and ad-supported program distributed on the most of the webpages are also the distribution method of attacker.
Most noticeable point is that how Trojan: Win32/Necurs will sneaks into your PC?
How it will get information about your mail account means about mail id and mail password?
Trojan uses two methods to collect your sensitive information like mail id information and password, credit/debit card number, bank account details, financial data to misuse it by disclosing it to cyber crime world. These attacks are DoS and DDoS, when DoS(Denial of service) is performed at that time attacker will flood lots of excessive request to boost the web traffic on the located server on host computer. By increasing web traffic on the targeted computer, it will terminate and stop the internet services to desired user and after that it will collect your sensitive information by analyzing browsing activity and routing information. But in DDoS(Distributed Denial of service), the attack source is multiple means lots of interconnected server will attack simultaneously on the targeted server or computer.
Problems caused by Trojan: Win32/Necurs:
- This Trojan: Win32/Necurs threat has the self-replicate property means it will copy itself in the system files and execute when the Windows boot-up.
- It will alert attacker on the new infection.
- It will transfer collected information to remote attacker.
- It will download/install and execute other additional files which has an updated version of this trojan program.
- It will execute command given from remote attacker.
- It will pop-up lots fake alert messages and system security notification.
Steps to Remove Trojan: Win32/Necurs
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan: Win32/Necurs
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan: Win32/Necurs
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan: Win32/Necurs and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan: Win32/Necurs
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan: Win32/Necurs and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan: Win32/Necurs. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan: Win32/Necurs related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan: Win32/Necurs, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan: Win32/Necurs Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan: Win32/Necurs Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan: Win32/Necurs and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan: Win32/Necurs Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan: Win32/Necurs and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan: Win32/Necurs Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan: Win32/Necurs, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!