Know More About PUP.Optional.DNSUnlocker.ACMB2
PUP.Optional.DNSUnlocker.ACMB2 is an adware program created by the cyber criminals in order to distribute dubious pop up ads onto infected users computer. It is never a genuine program. This adware not only brings countless ads in various forms but also causes lots of issues. Such problems are mainly concerning with the web browser functions and users online experience. Like what you may have gone through, the Internet browsers such as Safari, Opera, IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox, all tend to get stuck by excessive amount of ads displayed by PUP.Optional.DNSUnlocker.ACMB2 threat. It may also cause failure in page downloading and even unexpected breakdown. In most cases, this adware easily find its way into the targeted system being bundled to deceptive online resources.
For example, PUP.Optional.DNSUnlocker.ACMB2 hides inside freeware installer, malicious link or junk email attachment and then accesses the computer by bypass your attention. The moment it invade your PC, abundant issues are forthcoming. On one hand, it will ruin your online activities with uninformative or misleading advertisements, making your online experiences full of obstacles. On the other hand, PUP.Optional.DNSUnlocker.ACMB2 adware occasionally introduces your computer to other infections like spyware, keylogger, hijacker, worm or Trojan. Especially when you visit its adverts pages or keep this threat for long. You may also find that your PC performance slows down dramatically. Thus, it would be better for you to remove PUP.Optional.DNSUnlocker.ACMB2 immediately from your machine.
Disturbing Properties of PUP.Optional.DNSUnlocker.ACMB2
- Constantly pops up intrusive ads on your PC screen.
- It will slow down your computer performance.
- Hard to remove, your antivirus tool cannot delete it.
- Keeps appearing when you visit online shopping sites.
- Disturb your online conducts and put your entire machine at risk.
- Takes up high PC resources and reduces the Internet speed.
Learn To Remove PUP.Optional.DNSUnlocker.ACMB2 Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete PUP.Optional.DNSUnlocker.ACMB2 Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of PUP.Optional.DNSUnlocker.ACMB2 Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to PUP.Optional.DNSUnlocker.ACMB2 related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from PUP.Optional.DNSUnlocker.ACMB2 On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing PUP.Optional.DNSUnlocker.ACMB2 from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.