My Windows 8 PC has been infected with PUP/DnsUnlocker and my updated antivirus program is unable to remove it. In fact, I have used some other popular antivirus program but none of the helped me to protect my PC. It is becoming extremely difficult for me to surf normally on the web and the working speed is also degrading day-by-day. I am unable to deal with PUP/DnsUnlocker now. Could you please provide its removal guidelines? Thank you so much in advance.
PUP/DnsUnlocker is recognized as potentially unwanted program which does not require permission to invade in the PC. In its presence, you will find suspicious plug-ins in the Internet Explorer, add-ons in the Mozilla Firefox, extensions in the Google Chrome as well as changes in the default settings. PUP/DnsUnlocker claims to unblock the restricted sites and enhance the working experience. If you have detected it in your PC then avoid clicking on any of its links. Actually, it is created by the cyber crooks which have ability to generate unstoppable alerts to the users during their web session and makes promotion of the fake programs. It may also make use of your cookies and surfing history to display advertisements in order to get more clicks. PUP/DnsUnlocker works only for the cyber criminals so don't make any delay in removing it completely from the system.
Without the users permission, PUP/DnsUnlocker can install harmful files or programs in the PC. It is also responsible for degrading the running speed of almost all the basic functions such as start up, shut down, opening files, playing games, installing applications, Internet connection etc. Moreover, it can disable the working various installed programs including PC securities and does not allow the users to install the updated version. Presence of adware are completely annoying in which normal working is almost impossible. Whats worse, it may result dangerous for your personal identity and shares your sensitive details with the remote hackers. Thus, if you detect any of the symptoms of PUP/DnsUnlocker then remove it without wasting a single moment.
Step:1 Remove PUP/DnsUnlocker or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for PUP/DnsUnlocker or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall PUP/DnsUnlocker or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove PUP/DnsUnlocker
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of PUP/DnsUnlocker from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall PUP/DnsUnlocker
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by PUP/DnsUnlocker will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of PUP/DnsUnlocker
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from PUP/DnsUnlocker in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against PUP/DnsUnlocker
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting PUP/DnsUnlocker while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and PUP/DnsUnlocker Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from PUP/DnsUnlocker
How to Block PUP/DnsUnlocker Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still PUP/DnsUnlocker exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about PUP/DnsUnlocker Removal