Have you got PUP/Multitoolbar virus on your computer? Is your system infected by this nasty and barbarous Trojan infection? Is your computer working slower than earlier? Is your PC often get unresponsive and fails to respond? Is PUP/Multitoolbar making your system slow? Are you unable to remove this from your computer by the help of your regular anti-virus program? Don't know how to get rid of this nasty infection? Need help to remove PUP/Multitoolbar virus completely from your system? Go through this guide to easily remove this threat.
PUP/Multitoolbar is a nasty computer virus that belongs to Trojan family. This perilous virus will infect your system silently and perform several harmful activities in your machine. Once inside your system, this cunning Trojan virus will brutally mess with your system components and downgrade your PC speed. It will also block your anti-virus and Firewall program to make itself safe into your machine. It is noxious virus infection that has been created cyber crooks with prime motive to lure innocent PC users and make illegal profit. PUP/Multitoolbar can also inject its malign codes to your registry editor and create new entries for its auto startup. With the help those registry keys, it may also get back into the infected computer after removal. It will also create its copies and spread into different files and folders on your system.
PUP/Multitoolbar normally intrude your computer through bundled free third programs, spam emails, suspicious websites, shareware and other deceptive methods. Once installed on your computer, this cunning malware infection will also download harmful threats and viruses on your system without your consent. Apart from this, it will also delete important system files that causes unexpected errors. Along with, it may also downgrade your system performance by starting several malicious activities in your system background. PUP/Multitoolbar has main motive to steal your personal information. It can collect your private details including your bank account information, credit card number, IP address etc. and send to hackers. It may also open backdoor in your system for other threats and malware. It is important to delete PUP/Multitoolbar Trojan virus from your computer as soon as possible.
Steps to Remove PUP/Multitoolbar
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate PUP/Multitoolbar
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by PUP/Multitoolbar
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by PUP/Multitoolbar and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by PUP/Multitoolbar
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by PUP/Multitoolbar and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to PUP/Multitoolbar. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the PUP/Multitoolbar related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by PUP/Multitoolbar, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate PUP/Multitoolbar Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the PUP/Multitoolbar Running Processes.
- Right Click on PUP/Multitoolbar and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove PUP/Multitoolbar Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by PUP/Multitoolbar and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete PUP/Multitoolbar Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove PUP/Multitoolbar, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!