If you guys want to know detail about Ransom:JS/Brolo.C, then here is the post given below that would help to get complete information about this PC infection. Actually, this very threat is a dangerous trojan threat with the terrific feature of ransomware infection. It is one among very dangerous threat that silently infiltrates into targeted computer usually via social networking sites, p2p file sharing, spam email attachments etc. and does not seeks for any permission. Soon when got inside, Ransom:JS/Brolo.C locks the entire PC and show an error message to the victim user when launch PC. It asks for the decryption key because whole PC data as well as computer itself gets encrypted with code. Until & unless, you don't put the code, you will not be able to access your PC anymore or browse Internet. For such code, you will asked for the payment of money and also will be given a limited time period. But, remember one thing, once you pay the money, instead of soring out your issues, you will meet many more new troubles.
Apart from this, Ransom:JS/Brolo.C messes up whole PC settings and creates lots of malicious extensions which covers a very large area of the affected computer. This prevents the installation of any new software program and also there is slow performance speed of the compromised machine. Ransom:JS/Brolo.C is capable to destroy whole PC and lead system to malware infection. So, it is very necessary to remove this threat quickly from PC to ensure protection.
Steps to Remove Ransom:JS/Brolo.C
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Ransom:JS/Brolo.C
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Ransom:JS/Brolo.C
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Ransom:JS/Brolo.C and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Ransom:JS/Brolo.C
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Ransom:JS/Brolo.C and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Ransom:JS/Brolo.C. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Ransom:JS/Brolo.C related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Ransom:JS/Brolo.C, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Ransom:JS/Brolo.C Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Ransom:JS/Brolo.C Running Processes.
- Right Click on Ransom:JS/Brolo.C and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Ransom:JS/Brolo.C Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Ransom:JS/Brolo.C and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Ransom:JS/Brolo.C Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Ransom:JS/Brolo.C, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!