Since last few days, my new Windows PC with version 8 is running very slowly and I don't get the reason behind it. I performed system scan and got to know that my computer is infected with Gizmodock Ads. What is it and where does it come from, I really don't have any idea about it. Guys, please let me have detailed information about this program and suggest me any removal technique to get this infection off from my system. I will be grateful to you.
Gizmodock Ads is nothing but an annoying adware threat that silently slips into targeted computer without seeking for any permission and hides itself smartly behind the system background. Cyber criminals have introduced this very adware infection to distribute numerous malware infections and suspicious content throughout the world. Soon when inserted, Gizmodock Ads injects thousands of advertisements, popup ads, sponsored products etc, with the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer like web browsers. This is done to flood the victimized computer screen completely and makes you see nothing on the PC desktop but a blue screen of death. Gizmodock Ads when enters, it changes the browser settings, homepage settings, DNS configurations and other default setting of the compromised machine without consent and messes up whole PC.
Being more specific, Gizmodock Ads stops functioning of the installed application programs and inserts suspicious boost up files as well as malicious key into the Registry Editor. Due to this very adware program, you will be unable to browse internet normally as you will always be prompted with numerous unwanted ads, online deals or offers, advertisements, banners and more. Apart from this, it is a creepy threat that handles system access over to the cyber crooks and allow them to steal all your crucial data, banking credentials, IP address, browser history, confidential informations and sensitive details about the PC. Later on, all these valuable materials gets used for the illegal purpose and undoubtedly you will be a part of cyber scam or a victim of identity theft. So, it is recommended to use Automatic Removal Tool and get rid of Gizmodock Ads immediately for better system protection.
Learn To Remove Gizmodock Ads Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Gizmodock Ads Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Gizmodock Ads Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Gizmodock Ads related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Gizmodock Ads On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Gizmodock Ads from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.