LockOn Ransomware is a deadly computer threat that has the ability to encrypt files of the computer system. It is a cryptovirus which is classified as ransomware virus, a variant of HiddenTear. It basically encrypts files in the C:\Users\Exploits\Desktop\test Windows directory. Technically, ransomware is reported on 9th October, 2017 whose payload is recorded to travel as '[HOT][+18] CHECHER PORN.exe,' which is by user believed that it is a new notification application for pornographic materials on their favorite sites. As a matter of fact, the name it bears is mainly to make users install this ransomware on their system.
According to researchers, LockOn Ransomware incorporates industry standard encryption algorithm. Ransomware is making use of a combination of RSA and AES ciphers to encrypt data stored on compromised system. It is classified as mid-tier cryptovirus also. The malware encrypts files to extort money from users. Users are made to scare and then compel them to pay money in order to get back their files. When ransomware enters the system, it changes the registry entry to achieve its persistence and to launch its process on every start of the Windows operating system. These malicious processes are run in the background so that users do not notice it easily.
When it has started its process, it soon begins to encrypt the files. To encrypt user's files, LockOn Ransomware performs a complete scan of the hard drive and files found on the hard drive are encrypted. After encrypting the files, ransomware places a ransom note on the desktop informing user about the encryption. However, ransom amount is not yet specified. But under any circumstances, you must not pay money to hackers. This is because hackers do not assurance that your files will be restored and returned back safely. So it is better not to pay money to them.
The important thing is that how LockOn Ransomware enters your system. Malware like ransomware enters your system when you open any spam emails received from unknown sender. Moreover, when you download any free program or software from phishing websites, click on dubious links or ads, play online games, you would likely to get infected with it. So you need to pay attention while you surf internet. Always install free programs after reading EULA. Try not to click dubious ads or links. Follow these steps to keep your system safe.
How To Remove LockOn Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all LockOn Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out LockOn Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the LockOn Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.