Hey, my computer is a little unusual, and I do not get the exact cause of this strange behavior. I tried my level, but I could not able to find the exact cause of this rude behavior. After scanning the machine, I get to know about BlackMoon infection. I deleted it so many times, but it keeps coming back all the time. Can any one help me in removing BlackMoon forever from my computer?
BlackMoon Pop-up is a kind of malware categorised as Trojan horse virus that can easily make your way to any computer. The threat has developed by hackers for the purpose of obtaining money by tricking users in several ways. Once you get installed on your system it will perform several types of adverse action to interrupt the important work constantly online. If you are infected with the Trojan, you can get several kinds of problems in your computer. It will change your web browser settings and it does not matter if you are using Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. After that, he will bombard many annoying ads and ads specifically related to BlackMoon. It pretends to be a safe program that will give you new information about your BlackMoon. But as users click on their ads, it will redirect them to some unsafe website, where they will be deceived in the purchase of any product.
Steps to Remove BlackMoon
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate BlackMoon
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by BlackMoon
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by BlackMoon and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by BlackMoon
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by BlackMoon and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to BlackMoon. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the BlackMoon related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by BlackMoon, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate BlackMoon Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the BlackMoon Running Processes.
- Right Click on BlackMoon and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove BlackMoon Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by BlackMoon and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete BlackMoon Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove BlackMoon, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!