TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A is a very dangerous Trojan virus that has been assaulted numerous of Windows computers. This Trojan virus is of very contagious nature and easily transmitted by various online or off line sources. Generally online Internet users find it through Spam email attachment, downloading bundled software, visiting hacked websites and by following links on pop-up ads distributed by unethical sources. TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A can also spread through an infected external media and within peer to peer network. The Trojan virus is beyond the limits of detection and removal by ordinary anti virus program or manual methods.
After a activation of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A on a targeted Windows computer the user have to suffer with lot of complicated situations. The virus is very powerful and it can easily change registry entries, system files and block anti virus services on your computer. Moreover it downloads and activate several other Trojan and viruses on the PC. Thus the targeted computer become very sluggish and got unstable state. If the user does not take immediate steps for removal of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A then it leads to data loss, system crash and violation of online privacy such as exposure of credit card number, username and password of online banking accounts etc.
Steps to Remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A Running Processes.
- Right Click on TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Codumwis.A, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!