Information About Startnewtab.info
Startnewtab.info is reported as a menacing browser hijacker program having capability of proliferating itself secretly inside the PC without taking the user's permission while installing any software or program downloaded from the hacker's website. Being compatible with all the latest version of Windows OS, this infection has been identified capable of compromising all the well-known web browser applications including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera and MS Edge. Very similar to those of numerous other hijacker programs, it also poses tons of disastrous effects on the computer system as well as on the browser installed in it after acquiring successful invasion inside it.
Initially Startnewtab.info hijacks the existing browsers without seeking the user's approval. Moreover causes frequent redirection to startnewtab.info/blank.html every time. This redirection leads to the intrusion of numerous more malware infections inside the PC. Moreover it also brings modifications in the functionality and mechanism of the computer system which ultimately downgrades it's speed on large extent. Apart from this, it has also been reported including potential of accommodating the user's private stuff and then revealing it to the online crooks for illegal purpose. So, PC's safety as well as the user's own safety, it is undoubtedly highly essential to remove the aforementioned browser hijacker program as quickly as possible from the PC.
Perforation Of Startnewtab.info
Most commonly Startnewtab.info proliferates without the user's awareness together with the installation of freeware programs and applications. Aside from this, sometimes enters at the time when users tap several bogus emails or suspicious links appearing on the screen at the time of browsing, play online games, share files in networking environment, utilize contaminated peripheral device to transfer data from one computer system to another etc.
Dangerous Impacts Of Startnewtab.info On PC
- Startnewtab.info perforates itself secretly inside the PC without the user's notifications.
- Hijacks the installed browser and then re-seizes it's preset settings.
- Keeps constantly rerouting the users to Startnewtab.info/blank.html.
- Flood the device's screen with endless annoying pop-up ads and fake alert messages.
- Steals the user's confidential stuff and then later on reveal it to the online marketing agents for bad purpose.
Thus, to prohibit the system's default browser from being hijacked like that and to enjoy an uninterrupted browsing experience, an immediate uninstallation of Startnewtab.info is needed.
Manual Steps to Remove Startnewtab.info From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Startnewtab.info related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Startnewtab.info completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Startnewtab.info related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Startnewtab.info and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Startnewtab.info
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Startnewtab.info related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Startnewtab.info related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Startnewtab.info related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Startnewtab.info related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Startnewtab.info from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.