I have been getting lots of 1-866-858-1902 Pop-up on my Windows 8 computer from past few days. It is regularly popping out on my screen and saying that my system is infected by harmful threats and viruses. 1-866-858-1902 Pop-up is also suggesting me to call on its tech support number to get immediate help for removing those threats. Although when I scanned my computer, my anti-virus is unable to find any threats as 1-866-858-1902 Pop-up said. What should I do now? How to solve this issue? How to stop those 1-866-858-1902 Pop-up alerts on my PC?
1-866-858-1902 Pop-up is a fake system program detected as adware. This dubious threat infiltrate the targeted PC silently and show fake system warning alerts. Once installed on your PC, it will try to panic you by showing bogus alerts. It will continuously throw those alerts on your computer screen and ask that your PC is infected by harmful threats and malware. It also suggest you to call on its tech support for help. Actually the main motive of this nasty threat is bring havoc among the users. When someone call on that fake number provided by 1-866-858-1902 Pop-up then it charges huge money for fixing fake problems. You should not trust on those bogus alerts shown by this nasty adware infection on your computer system.
1-866-858-1902 Pop-up can enter your system using several deceptive tricks. It mostly get downloaded to the user's computer through bundled free third party programs and applications. It can also get distributed via spam email attachments, suspicious websites and network file sharing. Once installed on the victimized computer system, this nasty PC threat will automatically get added to the infected browser. It is able to show those pop-up ads on all famous browsers like Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, IE, Mozilla FF, Opera and many others. 1-866-858-1902 Pop-up has the only motive to lure innocent users and cheat their money. It can also track your browsing habits and collect your personal information. It can send those details to remote hackers for making illegal profit. It is very important to immediately remove 1-866-858-1902 Pop-up from your computer.
Learn To Remove 1-866-858-1902 Pop-up Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete 1-866-858-1902 Pop-up Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of 1-866-858-1902 Pop-up Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to 1-866-858-1902 Pop-up related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from 1-866-858-1902 Pop-up On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing 1-866-858-1902 Pop-up from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.