"866-915-6151 popup are coming on my web browser. According to these pop-ups, my computer has infected with spyware and viruses. 866-915-6151 popup also recommended to call a toll free number to get technician's help to fix issues on my computer. After viewing this 866-915-6151 popup warning messages several time, I got scared and make call on the given number. The recipient on the given number was very curious to get remote access of my computer. This was very suspicious, so I disconnect the call and faced another fact. I got a high tariff on that phone call. How can I remove 866-915-6151 popup from my computer?"
866-915-6151 popup are fake and and a scam by cyber criminals. It is only a gimmick to cheat online users and extort their money. Some security sites provide free system scan and select online users randomly. To perform any scan, they pursue online users and ask for their approval. But 866-915-6151 fake pop-ups are displayed by an adware infection which sneaks into online computers without any consent or permission of users. On a compromised computer the user only see the pop-ups and remains unaware from all other background activities by this adware program that damages their computer. 866-915-6151 popup adware program modify system registry entries and startup log. Thus it can execute itself with every start-up of Windows PC. It changes Internet and web browser settings to easily drop more infections and export files from your computer to a remote server.
The malicious codes of 866-915-6151 popup adware enters on your computer with Spam emails, bundled freeware and bad practices by the users while online surfing. The adware program 866-915-6151 popup spy on web browser when the user connect the PC with Internet and perform various type of online operations like browsing websites, online shopping, online banking, email account logging, use of credit/debit cards for payment of bills etc. So it is a big threat for your online privacy because it also steals your confidential informations which supports cyber criminals in hacking for financial gains with illegal methods. So you should remove 866-915-6151 popup as soon as possible.
Learn To Remove 866-915-6151 popup Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete 866-915-6151 popup Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of 866-915-6151 popup Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to 866-915-6151 popup related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from 866-915-6151 popup On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing 866-915-6151 popup from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.