Are you seeing your computer lock scree saying to Enter a product key ? Is this claims to enter your Windows product key that's written on the box ? This also ask you to call to its so called Micorsoft Technician Helpline number +1-888-414-4284. Is ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups drive you insane with its annoying activities ? Don't have any idea about what is best to do in such situations ? Seeking for help ?
If you do then you can stop your search here. As we have provided all inclusive details about this issue and how to remove ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups from infected systems. You can go through the post below carefully to learn more about this.
What Exactly ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups Is ?
At the first glance of some novice computer users, ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups may seems legit and genuine to them. This is supposedly a Microsoft Certified Tech support that urges users to enter their Windows product key or call to their technical support team at provided number. But online computer users might have not an idea about this scam, that its just one of the online frauds that make users loose their hard earned money. If you call to its tech support then they will prompt you to purchase the key costing $99.99 USD.
Users are strongly advised not to fall for ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups and Activate your Windows edition. Actually this is caused by some sort of adware infection running in background which you might have downloaded along with Windows Games TSS and other unwanted programs. This displays the message in a blue background with Windows 10 logo in it and seems quite legit. Beware if you fall for these then you not only loose your hard earned money but it can even risks banking or credit card details.
Let's Know How ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups Makes Its Way Inside Your System :
Mostly users unknowingly get such threats into their PC along with some free software installers that you have downloaded from popular sites like Cnet. Users unknowingly install free applications to their system thinking of some usefulness but they are unaware that it might comes with ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups and such issues. In addition to this visiting suspicious sites, opening spam emails, harmful links, social engineering, deceptive adverts etc. can also infect your PC with such adware or other malware infection. This is the reason why users are always suggested to be careful while surfing the Internet to avoid any further troubles.
Moreover its presence into your compromised PC may cause a number of troublesome issues. You may face not only difficulties during online browsing but also in performing you day to day works on your computer. Therefore its better for the victims to immediately delete ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups from their system.
Learn To Remove ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.