Ads by Word Surfer is categorized as stubborn and pesky adware program which is generally arrive into your system without any desire and authorization of user. For instances, p2p file sharing data, visiting insecure web pages, freeware applications and other dubious ways that are utilized by this adware program. In such ways, when this adware infection gets inside your system then it start displaying various kinds of countless adverts, special banners, promotional coupons, deals and sponsored links etc. At this time, you should ignore these internet thinks because it not only popping up on the search pages and frequently redirects you to suspicious or its affiliated domains. When your system is activated with Ads by Word Surfer then it creates web traffic and gathers sales for other third party websites. The primary purpose of this adware is to gain extra revenue by promoting some third party products or services. Apart from this, it has strongly capability to embed additional extensions or plug-ins to the browser without seeking any approval and consent of user.
Furthermore, these annoying pop-up infection which is compatible with various versions of web browsers that includes Internet Explorer, Mozilla firefox, Chrome, Safari and some others. Being as an ad-supported program, it may slow down your web browsing experiences. That's why, you are not capable to browser the internet in free and normal way. Besides this, it can violate your confidential information such as search queries, IP location, browsing history, email login details, banking credentials and many others. If you want to make safe and clean your system then it is advise to use reliable removal software to uninstall Ads by Word Surfer instantly.
Learn To Remove Ads by Word Surfer Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Ads by Word Surfer Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Ads by Word Surfer Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Ads by Word Surfer related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Ads by Word Surfer On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Ads by Word Surfer from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.