Hey, I have download a game related program from the internet. After few minutes, whenever it not runs in may laptop properly and usually generates lots of unexpected pop-up adverts or fake links named Adware.MusicCougar on my system screen. I have used my antivirus application to scan my whole system and also quarantined or cleared its associated files but no luck it keeps showing up these advertised components in my browsers each time. How can I remove Adware.MusicCougar completely ?
Adware.MusicCougar is categorized as a kind of harmful ad-supported application that is mainly created or designed to releases number of cunning advertisements and make more profits by increasing unknown web traffic. Like other program, this infection may hide into your system when you download and install varieties of free application such as video players, music players, download managers or other third party applications. Adware.MusicCougar may embed unsafe browser add-ons, plug-in or browser helper objects quickly distributes various kinds of intrusive advertisements appears in various forms such as irrelevant coupon ads, inline ads, hypertext links, commercial links, special alerts and many others. You should not try to click on such advertising banner ads or links otherwise it uses advanced techniques to generate pay per click revenue and unknowingly boost web traffics for specific websites.
Adware.MusicCougar may compromise your Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari or other versions of system browsers.Moreover, you may be notice your various reliable search pages or results gets automatically rerouted to some strange websites. You should note that these diverted web pages are completely filled with lots of intrusive contents and dubious threats. That's why, you should ignore its related pop-up stuffs because Adware.MusicCougar occupies large part of CPU and memory spaces by which it may lead to degrade down of your system performance. According to some ways, it is an useless application that utilizes numerous vexing techniques to freeze up the system screen and also diminish the browsing experiences as well. Adware.MusicCougar has capability to keep monitor the web browsing activity and records your several online details such as credit card information, IP address, search terms, cookies or some others. Not only record these data and also transmit them to third party cyber criminals for their malevolent purposes. So, you need to uninstall Adware.MusicCougar to clean such annoying advertisements.
Learn To Remove Adware.MusicCougar Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Adware.MusicCougar Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Adware.MusicCougar Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Adware.MusicCougar related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Adware.MusicCougar On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Adware.MusicCougar from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.