What do you know about Cerber 4.0.2?
Unfortunately, the threat Cerber 4.0.2 discussed below in the article is one of the most dangerous ransomware virus which attacks your system and scans all your drives and disks to find and enlist all the frequently used files and data. After the encryption process follows, all of the enlisted files and data are made inaccessible to you one by one. Although, please note that the malware could lock up both folders and separate the pieces of data. After the encryption process is completed, it is followed by the ransom note which is broadcast on your PC screen. Such an alert may contain few extra terrifying threats like ransom fee payment details includes currency and deadlines. The worst part of seeing such a bothering note is that it is not a trick. Everything is on the Cerber 4.0.2 ransom note is true and your computer has been made a victim of more terrible virus family i.e. Ransomware.
What makes Cerber 4.0.2 virus especially dangerous?
Several aspects of being infected with the Cerber 4.0.2 ransomware virus .2 makes this experience truly troublesome. Firstly, the malware rarely travels by itself. Typically, this ransomware brings a companion. Generally, it is another version of a Cerber ransomware. Here come the functions of this nasty threat:
The one to ensure the passage to the computer is the Trojan. For this purpose, it exploits a program or a operating system weak spot. Such a weak spot could be the anti-virus program, the malware database of which has not been updated since for a long time. Such an inefficient software may not perceive the ongoing infection and may not stop Cerber 4.0.2 virus invasion too.
After this, the ransomware immediately gets to work. This form of nasty ransomware uses the sophisticated encryption on your system files, which results in the user not being able to open them anymore. The only way to unlock the files with a decryption key which consists of two components. The first component of this key the cyber hackers usually give to you and it might be included in the ransom notification that you are later shown. For the second part the con artists demand the ransom money. It is called the private key and only the code it consists of might restore your blocked files and data.
Despite the fact that the noxious Trojan virus that came with the Cerber 4.0.2 threat does not do anything noticeable immediately just after the contamination process, it might be up to few frightening things like spying on your online activities, keystrokes or web camera. Also, it could be especially programmed in order to steal all your banking account details and rob you of all of your precious money and possessions that you usually control and manage online. Such a precarious Trojan infection may even become the reason for identity theft.
Is there a way to delete Cerber 4.0.2 and recover encrypted data?
However, never try to pay ransom money, because nothing and no can guarantees that your important files and data will be retrieved. Our sincere advice for you is to restrain from paying the ransom fee demanded by the hackers, instead look for a possible solution to remove Cerber 4.0.2 ransomware virus and then attempt to recover your files again. For your help, we have attached a best removal guide below in this article.
An Effective Tutorial Video Guide To Get Rid of Cerber 4.0.2
Remove Cerber 4.0.2 From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Cerber 4.0.2 in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Cerber 4.0.2 using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Cerber 4.0.2
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Cerber 4.0.2 related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Cerber 4.0.2 Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Cerber 4.0.2 related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Cerber 4.0.2 virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Cerber 4.0.2 infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.