When i start surfing the web, CharityTools appears on my screen. It displays attractive deals or offers and asks me to shop from its page to save my money. I viisted its homepage and found lots of products at low prices. But someone told me that it is not a safe site for online shopping. I want to know complete details about CharityTools? Can i proceed to buy products from its links? All the advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you!
CharityTools is deemed as Potentially unwanted program which does not require administrator permission to invade in the system. It tactics on the users to install its free extension which is compatible with all the web browsers. CharityTools claims that it will help you during the online shopping by enabling best deals, discount coupons, offers, promo codes etc. When you will start surfing, it will appear with countless pop ups and advertisements on the screen. It uses malignant tricks and convince the users to shop from its links to save their time and money. If you are thinking to proceed then wait. Actually, it is an unwanted program which will re-route you to malicious sites of the third party hackers. They can keep their eyes on your payments and record all the financial information which you will type during the online transactions. Thus, do not allow CharityTools to stay for long time in the system.
Besides this, CharityTools can conduct malicious activities in the system and does not allow the users to work normally. You will notice extremely sluggish speed of the PC functions in which opening a file will also consume more time than usual. It can also affect the working of installed antivirus program and other softwares of the system. At the time of installing new applications, insufficient memory space alert will appear on the screen which will be completely annoying. Whats more, you will find unwanted changes in the default settings of the PC and it will behave strangely to your instructions. So, what are you thinking for, if you accidentally installed CharityTools in your PC then uninstall it without making any delay.
Learn To Remove CharityTools Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete CharityTools Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of CharityTools Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to CharityTools related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from CharityTools On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing CharityTools from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.