Hello guys, since last few days, I am in big trouble and I don't know what to do. Actually, my files have gone encrypted by (.crypt extension) helper.exe and system has been locked as well. I can't access my system anymore and frequently seeing an error message on the screen which asks for the payment of money. I just don't understand why it is happening to me when I have not done anything wrong. All my files have become inaccessible and it is impossible for me to get then back. Please guide me and help me to get rid of this trouble quickly. Thanks in advance!
(.crypt extension) helper.exe is a harmful ransomware infection which has been introduced basically to lock user's computer and encrypt system data files. It is widely distributed all across the world and usually spreads packed with third party software installers, social networking sites, making a visit on malicious web pages, open spam email attachments, defective file sharing tools and lots more. As soon as (.crypt extension) helper.exe enters, it activates itself automatically and execute suspicious code to infect your personal files and data files. Soon when got hit such threat, you will find all your files & folders encrypted and when try to open them, you will see all of them have become inaccessible. to get decryption code, this nasty ransomware threat will ask you for the money. It might state that until & unless you won't pay money, you will not be able to access your system files. Furthermore, (.crypt extension) helper.exe often disables task manager and also turn off firewall settings. However, it is done basically to weaken security of the affected computer and allow entering of several more harmful parasites.
Apart from this, (.crypt extension) helper.exe brings severe chaos into compromised machine, makes all the application behave weirdly and causes severe corruption into affected computer. It might delete many of the important data files and makes you see nothing but a blue screen of death. Therefore, it is necessary to take quick measures and delete (.crypt extension) helper.exe quickly when found.
Remove (.crypt extension) helper.exe From Your PC
Step 1: Remove (.crypt extension) helper.exe in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove (.crypt extension) helper.exe using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To (.crypt extension) helper.exe
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find (.crypt extension) helper.exe related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove (.crypt extension) helper.exe Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove (.crypt extension) helper.exe related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the (.crypt extension) helper.exe virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the (.crypt extension) helper.exe infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.