My system got infected by CryptoWall 4.0 virus. It has locked all my system files. Whenever I try to access any of my file, a warning message appear on my computer screen and ask me to pay the ransom. CryptoWall 4.0 is demanding ransom amount to unlock my files. I have no idea how and when it has infected my computer. I just want to get my files back. Please help me to delete CryptoWall 4.0 from my computer.
CryptoWall 4.0 is a ransomware that come to your computer silently without permission and then encrypt your entire system files. It is very similar to other previous versions like CryptoLocker Ransom Virus. This new variant of Ransomware is equally notorious like earlier version and can do huge damage to your computer system. It has other new feature that it adds the “.encrypted” after the file name of the infected file. This nasty threat also leave a ransom note on your desktop explaining about encryption as well as the decryption.
WARNING we have encrypted your files with CryptoWall 4.0
Your important files (including those on the networks disks, USB, etc): photos, videos, documents, etc. were encrypted by CryptoWall 4.0 virus. The only way to get your files back is to pay us. Otherwise, your files will be lost.
CryptoWall 4.0 mainly enter your computer system through dubious techniques. It can enter your computer When you open any spam mail, browse suspicious website, share files on unsafe network, download any bundled third party program. Once installed on your machine it can also block your access to malware removal sites to make you unable to remove this encryption. Aside this, it will also threat users that any practice to unlock their files without decryption key may lead to permanent deletion of their files. You are advised to not panic and don't be in hurry to pay the ransom amount. You must read this guide to know the tips to remove CryptoWall 4.0 completely from your system.
How To Remove CryptoWall 4.0 Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all CryptoWall 4.0 related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out CryptoWall 4.0 related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the CryptoWall 4.0 infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.