What is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe? How it had infected my PC? Whenever I open my computer, my anti-virus shows a security alert C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe found. I have tried to delete this threat but it get back again after next system restart. I don't know how to get rid of this threat? I am unable to delete this threat from my computer. Please help me to delete C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe from my machine. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe is a nasty threat determined as Trojan. This harmful virus can easily invade your computer without permission and leads to several problems. It can carry out a series of malevolent activities on your computer that will completely compromise your system speed and performance. This notorious threat can easily downgrade your system security by disabling your anti-virus and firewall program. It will make your system an easy target for other threats. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe will also add its malign entries to the registry editor to get automatically started on your system without permission. It can also use those registry keys to get back into your system after removal.
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe mostly invade the targeted computer through infected USB drives. When you insert any contaminated external storage media into your system then this nasty nasty virus can easily compromise your system. it can also get inside your computer bundled with free third party programs, spam emails, suspicious websites, shareware etc. Once this nasty threat get into your machine, it will completely compromise your system. Your system will start freezing and often get unresponsive. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe will also steal your personal information such as bank account details, spam emails, suspicious websites, peer to peer file sharing etc. This nasty threat also create backdoor on your computer system without permission. You are advised to delete C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe soon from your machine.
Harmful Effects of C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe
- It can damage your system files.
- Disable anti-virus and firewall.
- Downgrade PC speed and performance.
- Add its malign codes to registry editor.
- Steal your personal information.
- Share your details with remote hackers.
- Create backdoor on your computer.
Manual C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe
How to View C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.