Data://(null) message Popup comes on targeted computer to scare user with a fake notification that the user has been accused of violation of cyber lows and may be punshied by local low enforcement agency. Usually the content of pop-up message look like as:
Country : United States
Region : Texas
City : Waco
Your Location : XXXXXXXXXX
Operating System : Windows 7
You are accused of viewing / Storage/ and /or dissemination of banned pornigraphy (child pornography/rape etc.). you have violated world declaration on non-proliferation……………
The similar threats alerts comes again and again on a user's computer screen to conform them that in real they have done something illegal on their computer and now they will have to pay fine or visit jail against those accuses. Following this way you will scare you and may decide to pay the the amount of fine ($150 to $550). With these deceptive pop-up words, phone calls the author of Data://(null) message Popup Fake Pop-up Message tries to cheat computer owners and preys into your computer by redirecting your web browser on Phishing website which are actually designed by cyber criminals to trick you and steal your email and bank account login with password details. These details are further misused by cyber criminals for illegal activities.
To distribute Data://(null) message Popup malware, there are plenty of opportunities, strategies and methods are available for its distributors. The most common and popular method which works is bundling of software. Bundling is used for the promotion of any new useful software application. In this method of marketing any newly launched software is attached with used the application as a free additional program. But the authors of malware always misuse this software marketing method to cheat Internet users and inject malicious program into the user's computer sneakily. So when any user download any bundled freeware which contains Data://(null) message Popup infections as additional program then the infection enters on their computer. Very similarly SPAM email attachments are also used for the distribution of this precarious redirect virus. Sometime the user's habits are also responsible for the infection on their computer such as visiting pornographic or gambling website, clicking links on untrusted websites and advertisements, downloading items from unreliable sources, etc. The use of ordinary anti virus, weak administrative password, outdated software applications are some vulnerabilities may possible on the user's computer which helps Data://(null) message Popup infection to intrude into targeted computer.
Step:1 Remove Data://(null) message Popup or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Data://(null) message Popup or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Data://(null) message Popup or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Data://(null) message Popup
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Data://(null) message Popup from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Data://(null) message Popup
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Data://(null) message Popup will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Data://(null) message Popup
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Data://(null) message Popup in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Data://(null) message Popup
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Data://(null) message Popup while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Data://(null) message Popup Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Data://(null) message Popup
How to Block Data://(null) message Popup Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Data://(null) message Popup exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Data://(null) message Popup Removal