A report on DummyLocker Ransomware
DummyLocker is a system virus that can lock your files such as videos, audio, images and other personal files of your computer. Firstly DummyLocker Ransomware uses a file encrypting mechanism and then once its encryption completed then it leaves a ransom note on your desktop screen in which they demand ransom money to decrypt your files back. After successful encryption this ransomware appends a new extension with each encrypted file ".dCrypt". After this it shows a ransom message on your desktop. This ransom note says to the users that all your files have been encrypted, If you want to decrypt it then you have to pay ransom amount to make them accessible. Cyber hackers threaten the users that paying the ransom money is the only way to get the decryption key to decrypt your files. Hackers does not shows the exact amount of ransom. Ransomware hackers generally accept payments in the Bitcoin because they did not want to reveal their identity.
Proliferation technique used by DummyLocker Ransomware
As disclose by the experts, DummyLocker Ransomware is mainly distributed through spam email attachments. So you have to be very attentive when you are going to open a spam email which is send you by unknown. Also, Whenever you install a new software on your system then always select the programs you want to install on your system and click on the check boxes. Do not select additional utilities which comes along with the free programs from Internet. Most important thing is that keep a strong and effective anti-malware on your system with all latest security updated patches.
Experts suggestion on ransom payment
Security experts highly recommends that do not make contact with the malicious hackers. As they want to trick you in their trap and want to extort more and more money from you. They do not give any guarantee to you that after the ransom payment they will provide you the decryption key by which you can unlock your files. It is not also sure that the decryption key will work or not. So the important thing is that do not pay the ransom to the attackers. Use a trusted anti-malware to delete DummyLocker Ransomware from your system and free from the severe problems. Then run backup on your PC to restore your files.
How To Remove DummyLocker Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all DummyLocker Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out DummyLocker Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the DummyLocker Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.