Is your files been locked by the Exolock Ransomware? Is your files gives you a corrupt message when you try to open it? If this kind of issues happening on the system then you should follow the below given steps to eliminate the ransomware from infected system permanently.
Exolock Ransomware lock your files and demand 0.01 Bitcoin to get them back
Exolock Ransomware is serious system malware which is discovered by the malware researchers in the starting of September 2017. It is classed under mid-level threat. It has been uniquely designed by the hacker to encipher your files and delete the Shadow Volume Copies from Windows to and offer to purchase a decryption tool to unlock your files. It infiltrated into your PC by various infecting means. After installation it start searching all the targeted files on the system and then after encode the collected files using strong encryption algorithm. The compromised files are reported to featured with a ".exolocked" new file extension. According to researchers the one who forget to update your system software and disable the macro functionality of the word processor and lack of system security the major paths to get into the targeted systems.
Exolock Ransomware : Technical info about it
$40/Euro 33 (0.01 in Bitcoins).
Spam emails attachments, Infected macros, malicious codes etc.
Working nature of Exolock Ransomware after intrusion
Detailed analysis on this Exolock Ransomware conformed that it is a standard system threat which looks similar to BlackHat Ransomware. This ransom virus detected on the third week of the ongoing September 2017 and attack on the PC users. After encoding your files it demands 0.01 Bitcoin from the victims to achieve the decryption software or key to open locked files on the system. Then after the vicious ransom virus show a ransom note to inform the victim about the ransom attack and contain a message into a text file on your desktop titled as "READ_ME" and "DECRYPT_FILES" and the ransom note can be read as :
the same amount of money was asked by the JewCrypt Ransomware but you should not get ready to pay the ransom to the hackers. You need to follow the removal steps to remove Exolock Ransomware from infected system and then restore lost files using and running kept backups.
Remove Exolock Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Exolock Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Exolock Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Exolock Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Exolock Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Exolock Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Exolock Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Exolock Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Exolock Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.