I accidentally got .exx File Extension Ransomware virus on my computer. This nasty threat has encrypted all my files. I am unable to open any of my system files. All my files got .exx extension. Whenever I try to access those files, a ransom message appear on my computer screen and ask me to buy the decryption key to unlock my files. This malicious .exx File Extension Ransomware virus is demanding ransom to unlock my files. Is there any way to delete this threat from my computer and get my files back? How can I remove .exx File Extension Ransomware virus?
.exx File Extension Ransomware is a nasty computer virus that can enter your computer and lock all your files. This nasty threat is also known as a file encrypting virus. Its main motive is to extort money from the innocent users. This nasty threat is mainly created by cyber crooks to make illegal profit by spreading spam online. This precarious ransomware infection will change the extension of all your files and when you try to access those files, a ransom message will appear on your computer screen. This harmful .exx File Extension Ransomware will ask you to purchase the decryption key to unlock your data. It will ask that your files has been locked and can only get decrypted via a private key generated for your computer.
.exx File Extension Ransomware mainly enter the targeted computer system through bundled free third party programs, spam email attachments, suspicious websites, shareware and other deceptive techniques. Once this malign threat get success to infect your machine, it will scan your computer for files and then encrypt your entire data. It is able to lock all kind of system files including videos, images, audios, pdf, ppt, doc, html and many more. After encrypting your data, this stubborn .exx File Extension Ransomware will force you to pay the fine to get your decryption key. Actually this nasty threat is not going to unlock your files after getting money. So you must not pay the ransom amount. It is important to completely remove this nasty ransomware virus completely from your system. Go through this guide to easily and safely remove .exx File Extension Ransomware from your computer.
Remove .exx File Extension Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove .exx File Extension Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove .exx File Extension Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To .exx File Extension Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find .exx File Extension Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove .exx File Extension Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove .exx File Extension Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the .exx File Extension Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the .exx File Extension Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.