File2@openmailbox.org has infected my computer system. It has locked all my system files and demanding ransom to unlock them. I don't know how and when it has infected my computer. My anti-virus is unable to delete File2@openmailbox.org from my system. I don't want to lose my files. I have tried all but unable to find out any method to delete this dubious threat. Is there any way to unlock my files without paying the fine? Please help me to delete File2@openmailbox.org from my PC completely. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance.
File2@openmailbox.org is a nasty ransomware virus that can enter your computer easily without permission. This malign threat is also known as file encrypting virus. It is a dangerous PC virus that can easily infect all versions of Windows computer and leads to severe destruction. This nasty threat can easily get into your computer without permission and lock down your entire system files. You will be unable to access any of your documents. File2@openmailbox.org can infect all kind of files such as videos, audios, images, PDF, doc, PPT files and many more. This nasty threat will demand the ransom to unlock your files but in real it is not going to do this. This nasty threat has been mainly created by scammers to lure innocent users and trick their money.
File2@openmailbox.org can enter your computer through spam emails, suspicious websites, free third party programs and applications, peer to peer file sharing etc. Once installed on your computer, this dubious threat will scan your system for files and encrypt your entire system data. Whenever you will try to access your files, it will show a ransom message and ask you to pay the fine within fixed time or your files will get deleted for ever. File2@openmailbox.org uses scaring technique to trap the user and extort their money. It is a scam and you must not comply on this nasty threat. It will thug your money and won't decrypt your files. It can also steal your personal information and send to remote hackers. So it is suggested to take immediate steps to completely remove File2@openmailbox.org from your computer.
Remove File2@openmailbox.org From Your PC
Step 1: Remove File2@openmailbox.org in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove File2@openmailbox.org using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To File2@openmailbox.org
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find File2@openmailbox.org related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove File2@openmailbox.org Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove File2@openmailbox.org related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the File2@openmailbox.org virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the File2@openmailbox.org infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.