How to get rid of FreebieCo? It has now become a general question which many of the PC users are asking these days. With the increase in the advancement of technology, cyber criminals does not leave a single opportunity to get sneaked into innocent users computer and gains their system access. Several of the computer users have got infected by FreebieCo and now they are suffering from severe problem. Luckily, this below content helps you to know more about this infection and also ways to get rid of it immediately. Continue reading.
FreebieCo is a potentially unwanted program or commonly known as PUP threat which silently slips into targeted computer without asking for any permission and often classified as a notorious adware threat. It is generally gets spreaded packed with freeware downloaded stuffs, third party software programs, spam email attachments, defective file sharing tool and more. As soon as FreebieCo gets invaded, you will find all your major web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Edge and several others got infected and now you will find yourself unable to browse internet normally like before. This very creepy threat brings chaos into compromised machine and causes havoc when you perform any activity on PC. FreebieCo is known mainly to display various popup ads, fake advertisements, sponsored products, commercial ads and more. Although, these ads are simply too much irritating and does nothing useful but causes severe destruction.
Furthermore, FreebieCo is the reason if you find trouble while browsing internet or getting redirected to malicious or dubious web pages. This very threat is quite very dangerous which weakens your system security and allow cyber criminals to steal all your privacy details including banking credentials, IP address, confidential informations etc. and then after delivers all such materials for illegal purpose and thus ends up making you victim of identity theft. Therefore, it is necessary to take every important measures and delete FreebieCo as soon as possible without the wastage of time.
Learn To Remove FreebieCo Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete FreebieCo Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of FreebieCo Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to FreebieCo related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from FreebieCo On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing FreebieCo from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.