I have got FreeGamesZone on My PC and getting a lot of pop-ups that keeps me annoying. It has slowed down my PC performance. I am unable to delete it. I need a suggestion to get rid of it. Can anyone help me to remove FreeGamesZone? Thank you.
Name of the Threat: FreeGamesZone
Threat Type: Adware
Affected OS: Widows32( Windows 7/8/8.1/Vista/10 etc.)
Affected Browser: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari.
FreeGamesZone is a stubborn adware program that has been crafted by cyber criminals having goal to earn money misleading the users. So it has aim to infect a large number of computer all over world. Mostly, it is known to harm the browser including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari etc. Generally, it is delivered by cyber criminals bundled with your freeware like games, audios, videos and PDF creator etc that you install and download from other sites without investigation the sites that it may be malicious.
Once FreeGamesZone gets invades into your computer, it will try to generate a lot of unwanted pop-ups on the browser to annoy you during surfing your sites. It will modify your browser setting to keep your redirected to malicious website. It can replace your home page without your permission to get illegal profit from computer users. It is able to harm your all version of Windows such as Windows 7, 8, 10 etc. It can persuade you to enjoy its games providing some option to click and as soon as click on the option you will be enable to invite more unwanted advertisement that has aim to generate revenue from you. It may collect your confidential information like password, login ID and commercial data etc. it may drop many other infection and make your computer slow down. So, you are recommended to remove FreeGamesZone as soon as possible.
Learn To Remove FreeGamesZone Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete FreeGamesZone Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of FreeGamesZone Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to FreeGamesZone related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from FreeGamesZone On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing FreeGamesZone from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.