If you are searching for a removal guidance to eliminate Gazer from your infected system then follow the steps which is given on the end of this following post which is definitely helps you to done the trick.
Gazer : Complete Research Report
Gazer is a heuristic detection name given by the system security researchers to a Backdoor Trojan which is designed by APT (Advanced Persistent Threat) group infamous as "Turla". Most of the security analyst believe that Turla might be a specific region based group of hackers who are based in Russia. This Turla APT is considered as one of the most advanced group that writes unique codes and make specific customized hacking tools that is adapted to achieve specific or particular agendas. This Gazer has been noticed on the computers as from February 2016. The makers of this Backdoor Trojan in second stage when it successful to install Skipper Backdoor Trojan on your system. Research reports revealed that the hackers uses phishing emails to install the Trojan into your PC and elevate their preferences to install into the system later.
What are the sole intension of Gazer trojan campaign?
This Gazer Backdoor Trojan infection has been found on the computers of incorporated in embassies based in Southeast European nations and former Soviet Union members. As you red above spear phishing emails that contain an attachment to install Skipper and the letters featured with a valid digital certificate, which suggest the users to careful while installing. The infecting threat payload has been delivered via an encrypted shell, which can be decrypted on the compromised PC via code injected into legitimate processes. This threat is found to use custom RSA and 3DES encryption algorithm to encrypt data before sending to their makers. In a research it is also disclose that its Command and Control servers are hosted on legitimate sites. All the encrypted data has been transferred from the compromised system to their C&C servers and there is not an easy way to know what Turla has managed to extract from infected PCs.
How did this Gazer manages to hide into your secured systems?
Gazer Backdoor Trojan may intrude parts of itself into your working web browsers and Windows Explorer and other legitimate applications that connected with Internet. It manages to invade into your secured PC and keep connected to their malicious C&C servers all the time. So the system users advised to run a powerful anti-malware to remove Gazer from infected PC immediately to save your system and valuable data or information.
How to Remove Gazer from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Gazer from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Gazer using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Gazer
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Gazer.
Step3: How to Uninstall Gazer from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Gazer and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Gazer and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Gazer and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Gazer and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Gazer Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Gazer to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Gazer named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Gazer entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Gazer, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.