I have heard that GozNym has collected millions dollars from the banks and it is a Trojan infection. Recently, it has affected lots of Windows based PC. I don't want to face all these problems with my system. Can you please provide complete details about GozNym, how it attacks Windows PC and what can I do to protect the system from its harmful impacts? My PC is safe right now but I want to enhance the security to protect it from future troubles. Please provide the prevention tips as early as possible. Thank you so much in advance.
GozNym is considered as a banking Trojan which is designed by hacking using the traits of Nymaim and Gozi Trojans. It is capable to exploit the vulnerabilities of the targeted system and have capability to make it compromised. GozNym uses the misappropriation scheme of the Gozi Trojan and dropper capabilities of Nymaim cryptomalware. This threat has targeted the banks of Canada and USA in the early phase. Usually, it penetrates with phishing emails which seems like real. It is related with bogus policy of banking and requests for transfer of money. You will be shocked to know that it is stole millions of dollars by fooling the gullible users. It also carries ability to drop fake DLL files in the memory of the PC and creates fakes processes in task manager such as svchost.exe in order to complete its operations. You should not ignore GozNym for long time in the system.
GozNym is created in such a way by the cyber criminals which can record the sensitive data of the users by tracking their activities. In fact, it will collect the data of the RAM, every individual process as well as the information which you transfer using the Internet including networks like VPN and LAN. Moreover, it makes use of keylogger to record the keystrokes of the users and store all the data in a TXT file. Whats worse, it also allows the third party hackers to access your sensitive files by opening a backdoor in the system. It will also disable the security updates of the PC and drops fake files in the Temp folder. Hence, it is strongly recommended to the users to remove GozNym in the early phase after detection otherwise it can severely affect your personal identity.
How to Remove GozNym from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall GozNym from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to GozNym using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find GozNym
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate GozNym.
Step3: How to Uninstall GozNym from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to GozNym and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to GozNym and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose GozNym and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select GozNym and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete GozNym Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type GozNym to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all GozNym named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only GozNym entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of GozNym, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.