I have got HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic virus on my new Windows 10 laptop. I am also using an updated anti-virus program on my system that detected this virus. When I tried to remove this nasty HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic virus it get back to my PC every time. My laptop also started working very slow and often get hanged. It is very hard to perform any task on my system. Is there any way to completely remove HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic from my computer? Please help me, it very urgent. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic is a harmful computer infection detected as Trojan virus. This notorious threat mainly enter your system without permission and leads to several major issues on your system. It can start several malicious activities in your system background that will completely degrade your system performance and PC speed. Your computer will start getting hanged, often get unresponsive, screen goes blank for a while, many of the programs stop working and your computer will start showing weird behavior. HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic can also disable the Windows firewall security and anti-virus program to avoid its detection and removal. It also assign new registry entries that help this threat in getting automatically started and returning back in to system after removal.
HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic uses various stealthy ways to compromise the targeted PC. It can get into your computer through bundled freeware programs, by visiting malicious or porn websites, sharing files on Internet, opening spam emails and using infected USB drives. After infecting your machine, this dubious threat can also create its copies and spread into various system files. It is able to download other malicious and harmful threats on your computer. The main motive of this nasty HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic virus is to steal your personal information. It can steal all your personal details like Your banking information, credit card credentials, IP address, mac address, online accounts, login details, passwords and many more. It can share those details with hackers and risk your privacy. You are suggested to immediately delete HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic from your computer.
Manual HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic
How to View HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.