Why I am unable to open any of my stored files of the PC. When I try to open them, an alert appears on the screen which says that My personal files are encrypted. I found how_recover+ghp.html file on my desktop. It was saying that I need to pay the fee of $450 AUD in order to decrypt the file. I am unable to understand why I am getting such alerts? Why should I need to pay for my own files or data? What is how_recover+ghp.html? Is there any way to get back my files without paying the fine?
how_recover+ghp.html is a ransomware which can sneak in the system with the spam emails attachments or files downloaded from unreliable sites. Once gets installed in the PC, it will encrypt all types of stored files, documents, images, videos, etc. how_recover+ghp.html will generate scary alert saying that you need to pay the fee of $450 AUD in order to purchase the decryption key. You will find instructions on the screen which will display that if you do not pay the fine within the given time period then you have to pay the $1000 AUD. It also says that making delay in payment can erase the key from the server and you will loose all the chance to get back your important files. Do not trust any of the alerts displayed by how_recover+ghp.html because it is only a scam of the third parties to earn illegal profits by fooling the innocent users.
The worst part of how_recover+ghp.html is that after your payment, it will send a key which will ne inaccessible. You should know that when you will proceed for online transaction, it can secretly record your personal data such as bank account information, passwords, credit card details and many more. In fact, making payment will not help you to protect the PC. The running speed of the system will start to decrease day-by-day and your screen will be filled with fake notifications and alerts. Thus, what are you waiting for, you need to remove how_recover+ghp.html quickly instead of trusting its fake alerts and making the payment to the hackers.
Remove how_recover+ghp.html From Your PC
Step 1: Remove how_recover+ghp.html in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove how_recover+ghp.html using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To how_recover+ghp.html
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find how_recover+ghp.html related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove how_recover+ghp.html Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove how_recover+ghp.html related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the how_recover+ghp.html virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the how_recover+ghp.html infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.