From last two days, I was experiencing extremely sluggish speed of the system functions so I ran full scanning. My antivirus detected the presence of IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT) and other threats in the system. I tried to quarantine the threat but PC gets crashed for few minutes and the process stopped automatically. I have also detected lots of unknown processes in the task manager and CPU usage to 100% when all the programs are inactive. What can I do now to get rid of IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT)? How can I overcome from some situations permanently?
IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT) is classified as Trojan infection which posses dangerous impacts on the system performance and leads it to critical conditions of exists for long time. This threat can exploit the vulnerabilities in order to penetrate in the targeted system and performs malicious activities. In the initial stage, IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT) will try to hide itself under the internal files to escape its presence for long time. It will also change the file names and its contents by adding suspicious codes or payloads. This threat can automatically execute itself in the system after the booting process with the help of modifications in registry editor. It is also responsible for boosting the CPU usage by generating unwanted processes in the task manager and thus the running speed of various functions will become extremely sluggish. Hence, if you have detected any of the symptoms of IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT) then remove it without making any delay.
You will be shocked to know that IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT) works for the cyber crooks and helps them in earning illegal profits. It is created in such a way which can secretly keep its eyes on the online session of the users and tries to record the keystrokes when they type any sensitive details such as bank account number, credit card details, passwords, login Id etc. Moreover, it will send the collected data to the third party hackers and allows them to earn profits at your name. Whats worse, this threat have capability to open a backdoor in the system and allows the hackers for unauthorized access of your PC, send mails, use your web cam and many more. Therefore, if you don't want to pay heavy penalty in future then remove IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT) as early as possible from the infected system.
Steps to Remove IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT)
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT)
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT)
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT) and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT)
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT) and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT). Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT) related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT), certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT) Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT) Running Processes.
- Right Click on IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT) and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT) Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT) and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT) Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove IAT:Addr (Hook.IEAT), Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!