.improved File Extension Ransomware : Threat’s Summary
|Name||.improved File Extension Ransomware|
|Description||Cyber extortionists responsible for .improved File Extension Ransomware attack demands a hefty sum of ransom money from the victimized users after encoding their files.|
|Possible Symptoms||Performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download .improved File Extension Ransomware Scanner to confirm the attack of .improved File Extension Ransomware virus.|
Depth-Analysis on .improved File Extension Ransomware
.improved File Extension Ransomware is a dangerous file-encryption virus which is used by the threat actors to extort money from the victimized computer users. It is not a kind of legit system security tool, but a generic ransomware virus. It generally penetrates the targeted machines with the help of malicious files attached to spam emails arrived on your mailbox from unknown sources. Once the attached DOCX file is opened, the harmful payload of this notorious infections gets executed and started encoding the files stored onto the system in background. In most of the cases, cyber criminals behind the distribution of .improved File Extension Ransomware threat uses fake messages from social media or invoices to lure users into clicking on them.
To be more precise, those bogus messages may contain your name or some links to phishing web portals in order to deliver the malicious payload of this ransomware on your computer. In case, if you are suggested to open the attached file in junk emails, then it is very important to confirm the sender or its reliability and also scan the file before downloading and opening the attached file. However, .improved File Extension Ransomware does not support the strong file-encryption algorithm, but the computer users affected with this malware are lead to believe that the crucial files stored on their machine was encoded due to the file extension it adds to enciphered files and displays ransom note on PC screen which says that 'Your computer has been locked'.
Technical Description on .improved File Extension Ransomware
Depth-analysis on this ransomware revealed that the threat changes the extension of infected system files as opposed to encoding the entire file or just the first 512 bytes of file header. Files compromised with .improved File Extension Ransomware will be appended with '.improved' extension suffix. According to the malware researchers, the data inside the enciphered file should be intact. Besides, the victim's of this file-encoder virus can find the ransom notification on their computer screen with the name of 'UNCRYPT.README'.
Cyber extortionists responsible for this vicious attack demands a hefty sum of ransom money from the victimized users. It is still in development phase, and programmed to attack mid-sized businesses, corporation and server frameworks. However, computer users should also take the preemptive measures in order to protect themselves from such notorious malware invasion. You can employ a credible anti-malware tool to delete .improved File Extension Ransomware safely from your PC and also for protecting system from future virus attack.
Remove .improved File Extension Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove .improved File Extension Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove .improved File Extension Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To .improved File Extension Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find .improved File Extension Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove .improved File Extension Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove .improved File Extension Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the .improved File Extension Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the .improved File Extension Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.