LightsOut is an another name of browser extension which seems like a genuine program, in fact it claims to provide various beneficial feature but in reality this program is used to brings unexpected troubles for computer users. However this LightsOut program has been classified in annoying adware program which is used to help cyber criminals and make from its distributors. Like other Adware program its presence will show you unexpected pop-up ads on browser that gets appear automatically on every corner of browser with intention to include victims online activities and mislead them into downloading threatening programs. pop-up ads displayed by this LightsOut Adware will not only interrupt your browsing activities by redirecting you to its targeted sites but also these ads may used to hide severe Malware that may injected forcibly into your computer without your permission, if it happen then you may face very critical time because those malware may performed many unpleasant operations to make computer vulnerable.
Another consequences of this LightsOut Adware program is that it make huge modifications with default systems settings which results in unexpected system related issues like sluggish or weird system performance, application crashes, system malfunctioning, data loss many other problem may occur that may prevent you accessing of computer. Worts thing is that if this LightsOut Adware program is not removed within time then it may prove very harmful for computer, so if you don't want to face any critical time and prevent computer from its consequences then it is advised to delete LightsOut immediately from PC as it detected in order to prevent computer from further damage and its consequences.
Step:1 Remove LightsOut or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for LightsOut or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall LightsOut or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove LightsOut
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of LightsOut from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall LightsOut
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by LightsOut will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of LightsOut
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from LightsOut in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against LightsOut
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting LightsOut while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and LightsOut Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from LightsOut
How to Block LightsOut Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still LightsOut exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about LightsOut Removal